Chapter 70

Wait what is happening right now?!

Irene gulped in awkwardness as tense air filled the room with the sudden commotion that was caused.

Trevor was defending Irene.

Me? Denied your father?

Irene felt something in her stomach and chest.

"What?"

The Grand Duke finally spoke after seconds that felt like executing hours, Trevor's eyes met with his father.

"Father, do you have any evidence against your assumption?"

The Grand Duke was taken aback by the comment, Irene's squinted her eyes, and her face formed a 'you got to be shitting me, you have no logic' face.

The room was quiet, "Evidence?" the Grand Duke scoffed in disbelief.

"Did I not teach you right after all the lessons?"

He asked, Irene, saw the three boys' faces go pale, and Irene looked at the Grand Duke.

What kind of lessons did you teach them?

"W-we did, but Irene studied hard for the test," Trevor stuttered at the beginning of his sentence.

Robert signaled Trevor to stop with his fierce gaze, Lucas stood in dismay and stayed quiet with his lip shut.

Trevor did not take his oldest brother's signal and continued with his conversation with his father.

"How do you know?"

The Grand Duke asked, Trevor flinched, "How do you know she has been studying?"

Trevor took a deep breath, "I visited her one time, but she had studied so hard she fell asleep in the library with the Count's daughter," he confessed.

I was sleeping in the library...Oh? Did he visit me at night?

"Why did you visit her?"

"I just wanted to."

Trevor's eyes stared at his father's eyes and without hesitation this time, he had asked the Grand Duke one question.

"You put eyes on Irene, and they report everything back to you," he spoke and his eyes sparkled in the sunlight peeking through the curtains.

"They should have told you Irene spend her time studying but you choose to accuse her of cheating? Why is that?"

Trevor asked.

The Grand Duke stayed quiet.

Ha? Trevor does have a brain, he truly earned the title of a scholar and mage.

Trevor had been gifted in his studies and deemed a scholar, but he was also a very talented mage with a greater amount of mana compared to his brothers.

Irene felt this moment was historical, someone had finally defended her after all these years of suffering mentally.

She felt like crying, which is pathetic and weak.

But Irene really needed this.

The Grand Duke was standing prior when the conversation started and then was going to sit back down.

Then let out a deep sigh, "This conversation ends now, Irene leave. Everyone but Trevor leave."

Irene looked at Trevor then Grand Duke, nothing is going to happen to him right?

She stayed still in her place but was pushed out by Robert and Lucas, Irene looked back at the door closing.

The pushing eventually stopped, "You can leave now," Robert said and left.