Chapter 39

"Urgh finally home!" Irene said flopping on her bed with her wet hair since she just finished taking a nice bath.

"Young Lady Irene! I know you're tired but let me dry your hair more first," Elle scolded as she saw Irene's wet hair touching the bedsheets.

Irene sighed and got up, she walked to the vanity. She sat down, Elle grabbed a soft towel and started to dry Irene's hair thoroughly. Irene felt really comfortable, she then looked at herself in the mirror.

Irene touched her face, still soft as ever, she thought. Irene's beauty was surely unmeasurable, she looked unreal with beautiful eyes and healthy long white hair. Irene felt proud of her looks in this life.

Can you stop admiring yourself?

Irene suddenly was ticked off.

"Please stop talking in my mind."

After Elle is done, we are having a talk.

"Yes, yes I know!"

"Undine is sure talkative"

I heard that!

Irene then ignored the bickers in her head, she did not notice Elle's glances at her.

"You're all grown up," Elle said teary, Irene looked at her awkwardly. "Uh, Elle! Don't cry! Um, I am still a child...ish well..." Irene tried her best to comfort the crying Elle.

"Your a sweet child," she responded with a small laugh, Elle patted Irene's head with soft smiling eyes. Irene just smiled and closed her eyes, Elle was really Irene's mother figure.

"Okay, now I am done, call me when you want to go to bed," Elle said getting ready to leave, Irene just nodded her head eagerly.

Irene watched the door carefully as it closed, "Undine, you can come out now," she announced which a ting water figure appeared in front of her.

"Hmph, how dare you ignore me!" Undine yelled as soon she came out, Irene just chuckled at this childish behavior. "Yes, yes I was wrong calm down," Irene said as she gave tiny pats to Undine.

"I am only going to forgive you since I, Undine-" Undine seemed like they were going to another speech about how amazing she was, Irene did not want that. "Please stop before you get ahead of yourself," Irene sighed as she shook her head.

"Fine."

Irene then explained her past troubles as Cha-hee to Undine, the spirit listened carefully and as anger slowly rose in her. "H-how dare they!" Undine yelled, started to bicker on how unfair Cha-hee's life was.

Irene watched, "Yeah, life is so unfair," she said as she was remembering everything that happened to her as Cha-hee and Irene. Suddenly something clicked in Undine's head.

"This cannot just be a coincidence," Undine spoke as they thought about more, it seems way too weird.

"You and original Irene had more things in common than just family issues," Undine continued to speak, "You guys must have been connected in some way!" Undine said as Irene watched her in shock.

"Yeah, let's not go there just yet," Irene said, they can't just jump to conclusions like that, of course, Irene has thought about that.

"Now, let's pretend to go to bed and summon the others," Irene said as she looked at the clock, Undine just nodded, but this bothered them really much. Undine, clenched her tiny fist, Sylph would know the answer about this... (Pop quiz, do you remember who or what is Sylph? Don't cheat, be honest!)