Chapter 56

"Ralph, did you see the people? Their faces? Or clothes?" Irene felt immense guilt as she questioned a patient.

"Sadly not," Ralph spoke with a sad smile.

Irene was angry, why did they attack innocent people?

I must go back to where the attack was and check it out myself, but only myself.

Irene felt as if something bad was going to happen soon.

They might come back to finish what they started...

Irene looked at Ralph pitifully, she clenched her fist from anger and sadness.

After a short conversation with Ralph, they bid farewell.

"Rest now," Irene smiled gently as she carefully pushed Ralph to make him lay down on the bed.

"Thank you, Lady Irene."

Irene smiled, "Anything for family," Ralph's eyes widened and softened afterward, "Yes, I would do anything for you as well, Young Miss."

Irene felt herself turn red from embarrassment watching Ralph smiling from such a comment that slipped out of her mouth.

She hurried herself out and closed the door.

Even though Irene's eyes sharpened as soon she closed the door. She checked her surroundings and summoned Gnomes and Salamander.

"You two, protect Ralph while I'm gone."

The two nodded knowing this was serious.

"We will not disappoint you."

Gnomes spoke in a deep tone.

"I'll do my best."

Salamander spoke softly.

Irene now only had Undine and Slyph to accompany her on the dangerous trip.

It's one step toward catching the culprit of the lives lost.

Ralph knew his close friends had died from the trip and was deeply depressed about the situation, but he still, put on a brave face for his lady.

The Countess, the Count, and Ralph's friends. I don't want any more bloodshed.

"Let me deal with those bastards," Irene said fuming like thousands of burning fire.

"Are sure about this?" Sylph worried even Undine seemed a bit worried by Irene's decision.

Irene smiled confidently, "We'll be fine," Irene reassured them.

"I just want to retrieve the bodies for Ralph and hold a funeral for the families."

Irene spoke.

"Nobody wants an empty casket or any," Irene said sadly.

Sylph and Undine looked at one another with uncertain eyes but agreed in the end.

"We'll follow what our master says," they said.

Irene was touched.

"Irene, you are very powerful with the amount of mana and elemental energy in your body," Sylph said to Irene.

Irene knows that Sylph had mentioned to her that many many times. She first thought Sylph was just saying that to make her feel good when Irene was failing.

Sylph did say that to make Irene feel better, but it was only the truth.

Irene then decided to walk back to the office to see if Sasha or Josiah was still there, then her body froze.