Chapter 83

"Jeez Josiah, don't say something so creepy like that," Irene punched him in his arm, "What?"

Confused, Irene looked at him and sighed.

"How would you feel if I walked up to you and asked if I killed you? You should have been terrified as well right?"

Irene reasoned with him, and Josiah nodded his head slowly.

"Haha...yeah I think I am losing my mind because of the recent work I have to do."

Josiah said to himself.

Good...it is all fake. Hide it from him

Irene played it cool, of course at first she was taken aback and didn't dare to speak.

Then she snapped herself out of it, it would be difficult for people to find out slowly that she knows the future.

Irene had a feeling this was coming as she read enough light novels to realize that some male leads have dreams of the female lead's death or something.

She guessed that she is the female lead now.

Cool, I should have some kind of plot armor or something...shit

Irene suddenly remembered even if she is the main character this novel's ending, which is everyone is going to die because of someone.

The main suspect is the only Dark Mage.

Irene has been thinking lately, Josiah was talking to the person who killed them and he said "traitor".

This means there could be somebody else that might have helped the dark mages rise with the help of money and hiding it from everyone.

Irene Gracia put her guess on the only Actons.

They have been isolating themself from the Royal family and they have been even more silent after the deaths of Count and Countess.

They were obviously suspicious.

Irene peeked at Josiah, well I can ask about them right now actually.

"Josiah, I have been curious."

Irene spoke to him slowly.

"About what?"

"What in the world is going on in the Actons? Haven't heard from Darius for so long!"

Irene asked as she side-eyed him.

"Uh...it's complicated," Josiah replied with a quiet voice.

That's not a good sign.

"What do you mean? Isn't he like your best friend?"

Irene asked innocently.

"I do not know after we reached the age 13 and attended the academy, he cut ties with me."

Josiah spoke sadly, Irene could tell he was depressed about that.

"Ignored me at school or avoided me, he would speak finely with others, but when I come up he walks right past me."

Irene looked at Josiah with her full attention, "Josiah, have you caught up with the gossip or rumor that has been going on in this Empire?"

Irene with her eyes cold and smiling said with a big smile.

"Looks like the Actons are starting a rebellion."

Josiah had chills from this sight, "I heard."

"You choose to ignore it, didn't you?"