Chapter 65

"Lady, it's lunch!"

Elle said knocking on Irene's door.

No answer.

"Young miss? Are you there?"

Elle knocked on the door a couple of times more.

No answer.

Elle began to worry, "Please excuse my manners, but I'm coming in!"

As she spoke, she busted the door wide open to be greeted by no one, a cold breeze blew through the wind.

Elle walked to Irene's neatly done bed, as she walked closer she saw a note with some words on it.

She picked up the note, it had stated:

"Going out for a bit, I'll be right back."

Elle had crumbled the paper in her fist and walked to the storage closet, "Going out with her sword?"

Elle smiled with veins popping out, and walked to the open window.

"She jumped out from this height?"

Elle's anger piled up, "She was not kidnapped, just going out without a guard."

She looked around the room, "What should I do? Trust that my lady is going to come back soon or report this to Grand Duke?"

Elle smiled, "Of course, I'll follow Young Miss."

She rested her arm on the opened window, "Just come back soon," Elle spoke softly as she wore a concerned expression looking at the black crow on the white cherry blossom tree.

"I have a bad feeling."

The window was closed shut.

"Irene, are you sure about this?"

Undine was hiding in Irene's hood, "I'm perfectly fine, I'm just going to visit someone."

"Try not to stand out you said, then you go out covering yourself head to toe with black cloth and sword underneath," Undine rolled their eyes.

"Okay, but my hair is bound to stand out, just let me be now."

Irene sighed and walked into an alleyway.

"Are you begging for attention now?"

Undine complained.

Irene ignored Undine's comment and walked down the dirty alley, like the modern world...the city is beautiful, but there is always a place like this.

The girl walked down the alley with eyes on her, children or adults staring.

"Miss, give me food."

A child with dark brown hair and hazel eyes spoke to Irene with a blank expression, "Why?"

Irene asked heartlessly.

"Huh?"

The brown-haired had a shocked expression and stood stiff.

"Why should I help you if you are robbing me, I mean," Irene smiled stiffly as she took out what was behind her.

Another child.

"Listen here dear, I know better," Irene smiled at the child, who seemed shorter than her.

His eyes shook when he saw Irene more clear through the black cloth, pretty hair, pretty clothes, and a well-made sword.

"An n-noble!"

He was terrified and bowed down with the child as well to Irene, "Wait wait, no need!"

Irene reassured the kids, "We apologize for trying to loot you!"