Chapter 79

"Where did you go?"

The Grand Duke suddenly spawned in front of the mansion's gates as soon as they arrived home.

Irene put on her best smile.

"Nowhere, why does it concern you?"

She said with a polite tone, however, the words themselves were the opposite.

Alice stood there with a smile, she knew she also had to keep up with an "act".

"The Royal siblings left as well, did your children meet up without permission?"

The Grand Duke asked.

Damnit, this fucker probably has eyes in the Royal palace...

"Grand Duke, why would I answer you?"

Irene said.

"What?"

He decided to play dumb.

"I thought my past actions were enough for you to understand that I don't want anything from you or even have a conversation with you."

Alice stood there silently without a thought, when she saw those two communicate with each other with her own eyes in their residence for the first time, she was shocked.

They were hostile to one another, especially Lady Irene, slowly they started to bloom and the rumors turned out to be true, which Alice at first refused to believe.

As when she first came here, she saw Grand Duke as her savior, but now, he has been viewed as such a good thing when he is an actual heartless monster.

The only thing Alice hated was that he treated them differently, her with Irene.

"I wish things turned out differently for them,"

Alice constantly thought about that; however, if he is trash right now, he will always be.

"Just continue to support me until I reach the official adult age, nothing else."

Irene ended the conversation right after that, she waved him goodbye and walked passed him without a thought.

The Grand Duke was furious and didn't want to chase after Irene for the sake of his dignity which surprisingly, he had one.

Irene always got away with bickering with the Grand Duke as she grew up without him.

"I do apologize for this, Alice. It must be awkward for you," Irene looked at Alice with eyes of guilt as they just came back from Alice's mansion.

"No, it is alright. I am quite used to this matter at this point," Alice giggled.

Irene liked the fact Alice was chill about the situation and didn't bug in.

Usually, female leads would always try to create peace whenever they have a chance, honestly, it always works because the males in the novel were always whipped for them.

It wasn't even dinner, yet Irene wanted to sleep.

"Alice, I feel rather exhausted from today, which please tell Elle, I am once again skipping dinner?"

Irene smiled weakly.

"Again? Lady Irene, you have been sleeping so much lately and Elle is constantly worried about your health...and...Irene?"

Alice realized Irene had already left her bedroom, she only sighed hopelessly.

Alice nervously walked to the kitchen to tell the chef that their Lady isn't eating again.

Then talk to Elle which also meant Mal and Roxy as they were always together.

"The Lady isn't eating again?"

Concerned faces spread in the kitchen, Alice just left and went around asking the workers if they'd seen Elle.

"Oh, if I remembered correctly, Elle was inspecting the roses with Mal and Roxy after the gardener fixed the yard."

Alice thanked the man.

She walked down the cold and empty mansion, warmth was only met when workers passed by other than that.

Leaving here was definitely lonely.

Alice's eyes located the three maids which she had to break the news to, Elle was especially scary when it comes to this.

"Again? Let me talk to her," Elle said fuming.

"Let the lady sleep!"

Roxy tried reasoning with her.

Mal was stuck between her lady's wishes and health.

Elle sighed as she has been stressed after Ralph decided to investigate by himself what happened to Irene.

Alice looked at them with a guilty expression, when she first came to the mansion, the atmosphere wasn't this stress or uptight.

However, the longer she stayed... the more Irene started to crumble.

"Your worrying your companions!"

Undine suddenly scolded Irene, but she only rolled her eyes and decided to ignore the comment.

"Not only them, but you are also worrying us."

Sylph's voice spoke, the way they spoke was like silk, smooth and soft.

Irene once again ignored the comment.

However, they kept going and Irene's head started to spin.

Okay! I got it, I would eat it tomorrow!

The four elemental spirits were obviously smiling at one another with proud faces but Irene couldn't listen to them any longer.

Now, let me sleep.

Irene flopped on her bed and closed her eyes.

She needed more power.

More information and knowledge.

Irene needed to be older.

Older than 13, she needed to be stronger.

Then she will be prepared for whatever is going to happen in the future.

"To protect whom you love and treasure the most."

Irene said to herself in the room which was dark as Irene stopped opening the curtains.

The thought of her most loved ones made her mind at peace and slowly with a smile...

The white-haired girl drifted to sleep.

Author's Note

That's a wrap! For season one, of course, and oh, do not worry about me going on a hiatus, the second season literally starts tomorrow. I rather not test my dear readers' patience again as I have done that a lot of times.

Truthfully speaking, I was not healthy mentally and physically (not that serious just my skin and ankle) throughout my writing process and took a lot of breaks without a single word. Which I sometimes deeply regret as I saw readers that commented daily or voted daily disappeared one by one. It pained me honestly.

You might have felt cheated off this chapter because it was rather short and half of it was just my long-ass message...but I wanted to say one more thing before the seaon ends as it was iconic.

Thank you to the readers who stayed with me till day one, readers who joined in between, and my new readers :)

Season two is going to be shorter as it may be the last season for the novel, and yes, there are going to be side stories after the ending then it's an official goodbye afterward.

Your dear author,

ANMU