Chapter 82

Josiah dropped his support on Irene's back which made her fall back to her bed and shut her eyes once more.

"I killed her?"

Josiah asked himself as he looked at her hand, which was trembling hard.

Suddenly, Josiah felt a sharp painful sting in the back of his head, then flashes of scenes started to appear.

"Argh,"

He let out a small sound of pain.

There was a lot of screaming and he saw the Empire burning, sweating and breathing heavily as he looked out at the crowd screaming.

More sudden flashes continued, he looked at the floor...he saw Irene's body.

It was stabbed and then he looked at his right hand.

He was holding the sword with blood-drenched on it, dripping from the tip of the sword to the ground.

Irene's blood.

Josiah felt his leg go weak and felt sick to his stomach.

What is going on?

Just as he thought it ended, one more scene showed up again.

He saw hands holding on to his arm, he was wearing white like a wedding suit.

Josiah turned to his side and met Alice's face.

That's when he lost the strength in his legs and his butt felt the ground.

In shock his eyes widened and the image of Alice in a wedding dress disappeared.

He was once again in Irene's room.

Josiah sat there, not moving a single inch.

Irene made a tiny sound from her bed, Josiah snapped out of his trance and regain the strength to stand up.

"Irene? Are you alright?"

He asked gently.

"Mhm...hm? Jos..iah?"

Irene said in a sleepy voice, "Yes, it is me."

She rubbed her eyes and asked quietly.

"What...are you doing here?"

Irene slurred in her speech, and Josiah smiled softly at the image of sleepy Irene.

She was rather cute.

"Alice wrote me a letter, Irene you should stop this horrible habit."

Josiah's soft voice to into a sterner one.

"What are you talking about? What bad habit? I am just studying,"

Irene ignored the obvious.

"You know school hasn't started yet? What are you studying for?"

Irene had started to take lessons at the academy, she is in her last year.

Right now, they are on a vacation break.

"Nothing of your concern."

Irene shut down the conversation with Josiah, he sighed helplessly and grabbed the chair that was near Irene's desk.

He placed the chair right beside Irene's bed.

"I am not leaving this room until you eat a meal and sleep,"

Josiah ordered.

Irene rolled her eyes.

"Why would I listen to you?"