Chapter 73

"Lady! What was that commotion..."

Elle's eyes started to tremble as she saw the scene, her lady sitting with dead roses around her with small cuts on her face and fingers.

"Irene!"

Alice rushed towards Irene without a second thought, who seemed to just sit there in a daze as if she was plotting something.

Indeed she was.

Elle was stunned, it took her a while but she reacted quickly after in the right state of mind.

"Call the nurse, call everyone, there was an attack at Lady Irene's residence!"

Elle's voice boomed and everyone had jobs.

"Irene? Irene? Can you hear me?"

Alice said sitting beside Irene gripping onto her arm, "Is she responding?"

Roxy asked which Alice responded by shaking her head and Roxy whined towards Mal.

"What is wrong with my lady?"

Mal asked in worry, "Oh I should've been with her...it was even a daylight attack! Where were the guards, how can they let it pass through...where was Ralph!"

Mal shouted and the knights nearby flinched.

Her eyes were burning with anger.

"I am alright everyone, I just needed to process some things..."

Irene said standing up with Alice's help, she was just talking about what to do with the elemental spirits.

And they agreed to not reveal his identity for safety.

If we revealed the existence of the dark magic tower with powerful mages existing, it is going to cause an eruption in this empire...

Irene thought as she saw a nurse rushing through.

More importantly, an attack could happen as well...wait, did the ending of the novel have connections to these mages?!

Irene suddenly realized.

The novel mentioned mages, to be specific, dark mages.

Her head started to hurt again, every single time she was onto something; there will always be sharp pain in her head as if someone or something does not want Irene to know.

It is too late for you, god, or whoever you are, I already changed everything.

Irene smiled at the sky.

"How can you be smiling in this situation?!"

Alice shrieked.

Oh right, people are still here.

Irene ignored Alice and looked at her butler, they met eyes with hand movements, and the butler told Irene, that the Grand Duke and his guards will be coming soon to investigate.

Irene nodded her head as the nurse told her to move as they take care of her small wounds.

Aren't they overreacting a bit too much? Like these are just small cuts or...are they more scared of what happened to the roses?

Irene looked at her once a lively yet neat garden and an area were completely messed up with no living roses.

Mages are crazy, especially dark mages.

This is going to be another headache for Irene.

Irene only had one thought, it was the Grand Duke.

She had to deal with his stupidity again.