Chapter 7

The moment I arrived home, I quickly flopped onto my bed and started to scream into a pillow, "Mm...why did I... whatever," I complained.

Elle knocks on my door, "Lady Irene, are you alright? Are you possibly sick, you turned pale quite a lot today," she asked concerned about my health.

"No Elle, I am fine, sickness isn't the problem," I responded waving it off.

"Alright then...Lady, don't forget tomorrow morning is back to training," she continues to talk outside of my door.

She really liked the fact I was trying something new instead of reading all day.

"Oh yes, thanks," I said genuinely excited about that, I was not.

3RD POV

"Grand Duke, where did Irene go to? It couldn't possibly be home since she lives here right?" Sasha asked confused.

The Grand Duke paused for a second to reply, "No Princess Sasha, she does not live here, in fact, she lives in her own estate."

The princess was confused, she was about to mention something else until her brother, Josiah cut her off.

"And why is that?" he asked, the Grand Duke's sons stopped talking and looked at their father for an answer.

"Because she rather lives alone since birth," the Grand Duke explains, Josiah's face looked puzzled.

Without a hesitation Princess Sasha stood up, "Then I want to stay with her until I go back to the palace," she said confidently.

Everyone paused.

"Princess, that can't be, you will be staying in the main mansion," said Frank, the butler, "And you heard what the Grand Duke said, she rather lives alone," Josiah reminded her sister.

Even though Josiah knew it himself, deep in him, it wasn't true.

He was already aware of the story of Irene.

"No, she doesn't," Sasha spoke immediately.

"I know I just became friends with her, but her reactions to what I do as a normal six-year-old isn't normal..." she pauses.

"She is like an adult living in a child's body who just wants something, which I am not sure about," Sasha said.

Everyone went quiet, the Grand Duke gripped his resting bar on his chair, and he took a deep sigh.

"Why is everyone quiet?" Sasha asked.

"Whatever the princess wants," the Grand Duke says permitting Sasha to stay in Irene's home for the time being.

Josiah stayed quiet thinking about the current situation, Irene is going to be my fiance...but why do I feel unsatisfied?

1ST POV (IRENE)

I dropped my utensils, "What did you say?"

"Her Royal Highness, the Princess will be staying here in her time here at the Grand Duke's mansion," the messenger says to me.

"When? Is she coming now?" I asked, and they nodded.

"Only her, am I correct?" I asked them again, "Then prepare the best room for her highness, Elle."

Elle nods and quickly orders the maids to help her get a room ready for Sasha.

This is going to give me a headache, I think to myself.

AN HOUR LATER

"Greetings to her Royal Highness, the Princess, welcome to my estate," I greeted with a curtsied.