Chapter 71

Irene's eyes slowly opened and sighed.

Every single time Irene wakes up she hopes this whole thing was just a dream and she will wake up in a hospital bed.

But which one is better...here or there?

Irene sometimes wakes up as if life was a hazy dream, she doesn't speak nor let out a yawn.

It is one of those mornings.

Where Irene will stay quiet until lunch also walk around dazed.

The staff in the mansion was always concerned when Irene is acting that way, but it does not happen often just every two weeks.

These are the days when Irene wonders about her family when she was in her world as Cha-hee.

Irene's hands skimmed past the hardcovers of books in the library, the morning seemed to be blurry.

She woke up.

Freshened up with the help of her maids.

Went downstairs to eat.

Now she is in the library, doing what you may ask?

She was not sure what she was going to do, she already read most of them.

Irene was slowly getting bored.

The doors opened with a loud thud as they hit the walls, Irene's gaze slowly turned to greet Alice.

"What is the matter this time?"

Alice huffed as she stomped to one of the sofas in the library and sat herself down with her arms crossed.

Irene side-eyed the brown-haired girl who barged into the once peaceful room, "Nothing," replied.

"Nothing? Ha!"

Alice scoffed in unbelief.

Jeez, where did the polite girl go?

Irene shook her head, "Can you quiet down, I am trying to find something to read."

Alice threw a sharp glare at Irene, and Irene just walked farther away from Alice's view.

"What happened yesterday? Instead of celebrating, you came back from the Grand Duke's mansion with puffy eyes."

Alice recalled yesterday's events.

Oh right...yesterday.

Truthfully, Irene had forgotten everything about everything. Now Alice had just reminded Irene about Ralph's situation.

"Mind your business, thanks," Irene rolled her eyes as she spoke.

Alice sulked, "You are mean...I just wanted to know," she said pitifully.

Irene looked at Alice sulking and sighed, "Just the Grand Duke being an ass again," she told Alice.

"Again? Ugh," Alice flopped on the sofa with her hands covering her face in frustration.

Irene had discussed with Alice things the Grand Duke said to her, and now they both shit on the Grand Duke.

"He accused me of cheating on the exams," Irene said with a frown painted on her face and smacked her books on the coffee table as she sat on the sofa across from Alice.

"What?! That man..."

Alice does not get mad often, she is usually kind to everyone but the Grand Duke seems to get on her nerves.

Irene called the maid to bring some tea and continued the conversation, "Yeah, the same as usual."

"Is that it?"