The Sorting Hat

"Potter, Harry!" As Harry stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

"Potter, did she say?"

"The Harry Potter?"

"Does that mean Kirra Potter is here too?"

"Of course it does."

Harry sat there with the hat on, it was on his head for a while as if it were struggling to decide which house would be the best for him "GRYFFINDOR!" the hat cried out loudly and the Gryffindor table erupted into loud cheers and Kirra clapped loudly for her brother.

"Potter, Kirra!" As Kirra stepped forward she had seemed to get the same reaction as Harry had got, she felt frozen in the spot, she couldn't move, she wasn't ready to step out in front of all these people

"Potter, Kirra!" Mcgonnogal called out again and Mattheo let out an annoyed huff and shoved her forward and she quickly began to walk up the steps and then sat down on the stool, shaking harshly under the gaze of everyone in the hall.

The last thing Kirra saw before the hat dropped over her eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at her. Next second she was looking at the black inside of the hat. She waited.

"Hmm," said a small voice in her ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see, just like your father. And not to mention you have a great mind, very smart, Ravenclaw would do you well and I'm sure they would appreciate someone with your mind in their house"

The Ravenclaws looked hopefully over at the girl as the hat continued talking, "Extremely loyal, in fact so loyal that it could cause you some problems in your future. There's talent, Oh my goodness, yes — and a high ambition to protect the people you care about, now that's interesting.... So where shall I put you?"

Kirra gripped the edges of the stool and tried to ignore the gazes of people burning into her "Better be... HUFFLEPUFF!" Kirra heard the hat shout the last word to the whole hall. She took off the hat and walked shakily toward the Hufflepuff table. 

She was so relieved that it was over, and she could just sit down, though she was disappointed she was not sorted with her brother. She hardly noticed that she was getting the loudest cheer yet.

A bunch of people in robes with yellow got up to shake her hand happily as she greeted them, she sat between a boy with dirty blonde hair and a girl with flaming red hair with brown eyes.

The sorting went on for another 10 minutes or so before McGonagall called out the name "Riddle, Mattheo" Kirra couldn't help but notice the worried, and even fearful looks on the teachers faces as the boy walked up the steps and sat down on the stool, as soon as the hat touched his brown locks it yelled "Slytherin!"

Finally, the sorting was over and Professor McGonagall rolled up her scroll and took the Sorting Hat away. Kirra looked over at the Gryffindor table and looked straight at her brother, he was lookin away from her, enjoying himself with his new friends, he hadn't even tried to look for her. She sighed softly and looked down at her empty gold plate.

"Hey I'm JJ. JJ Maybank" the boy next to her said suddenly and she looked to her side to see him smiling kindly down at her, she smiled at the boy and shook his hand softly

"I'm Kirra" she said and offered him a bright smile in return, she had noticed him earlier on the train when she went to go and get changed into her robes and she knew he was a first-year as she had seen him on one of the boats earlier that night.

"I'm Maxine Mayfield" the girl said with a giant smile and the two girls shook hands and Kirra introduced herself again. The three of them began to talk and tell each other about themselves for the next 10 minutes before Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.