Chapter 106

THE GOBLET OF FIRE

*The Malfoy household*

The Malfoy mansion seemed to be busy today. When the parents and their children had first began to pile in, there was a mixture of proud, scared and excited faces scattered amongst them while the children all silently shared looks of confusion, hoping that they weren't the only ones not knowing why they had all been dragged to the mansion.

There was a small group of teens standing in the corner of the large dinning room, none of them saying anything as they looked around the room. The group consisted of Japser Rowle, Mattheo Riddle, Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Vincent Crabbe, Greggory Goyle, and Blaise Zabini.

It was cold in the Malfoy household, but the aura only added to the sinister aura that was wafting around the room like a disease. Suddenly, a skinny-looking man walked to the front of the room. His hair was blonde and looked like straw, he was pale and freckled, occasionally sticking his tongue out violently to lick his lips.

The adults all turned to look at him so as if it were an instinct, the children followed their actions. "I'm sure all of you know why you have been called out here today," the man spoke to them, looking around the room.

Adults scattered across the room nodded their heads while the children only seemed to become more confused than they were when they had walked into the doors of the mansion. "Do you know what the hell is going on?" Theodore whispered over to Mattheo

"No." Mattheo answered honestly, "But I do know that, that man up there is Barty Crouch Jr." Mattheo said and the Slytherins seemed to be surprised as they looked up at him

"I thought he was meant to be in jail" Jasper spoke up in confusion

"He is" Mattheo said and nodded his head, "But clearly he isn't, after last year I think that it is pretty clear that Azkaban isn't impossible to escape" 

"Well what the hell is he doing here?" Blaise asked, mainly waiting for Mattheo or Draco to answer since the two of them lived there, but both of the boys shrugged their shoulders, neither of them knowing why he was here and neither of them even knowing that he was here until a few moments ago.

"Our Lord fell almost 13 years ago, but he has spent the passing years regaining his strength, doing whatever he can to get stronger so that he can return" Barty Crouch Jr continued as soft whispers filled the room, though the teens couldn't understand what their parents were saying

But they didn't need to hear what they were saying to understand where this conversation was heading. The boys felt their hearts drop to the bottom of their chests and all of them, though they would never admit it out loud, felt their bodies become consumed in fear.

Barty Crouch Jr continued talking for a while, talking about how excellent the dark lord was and how tragic his fall had been, but nothing had prepared the teens for the mans next few lines. "The dark lord has returned, he is very much alive and he has regained a considerable amount of power."

Mattheo felt that he should feel happy, grateful that he would be able to have a father figure in his life, but he didn't. He wasn't happy. And he wasn't grateful. All that seemed to be on his mind, was a certain girl with messy brown hair and beautiful green eyes.

The chatter in the room gradually got louder and louder. Mattheo, Jasper, Theodore and Draco all shared worried looks. "The dark lord has returned! There will be another war and we will get Harry and Kirra Potter!"

A few cheers sounded from around the room while others seemed hesitant. Zabini, Malfoy, Nott, Rowle and Riddle felt their mouths go dry and their bodies freeze at the mention of her name. She was in trouble, and they were on the same side as the people who were out to get her