Chapter 132

Okay so I was thinking of making some drama between now and the yule ball and then Mattheo will finally have had enough at the Yule ball and tell Kirra why he broke up with her.

Dumbledore closed the casket and placed the goblet carefully on top of it, where it would be clearly visible to everyone in the Hall. "Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet," said Dumbledore. 

"Aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Halloween, the goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The goblet will be placed in the entrance hall tonight, where it will be freely accessible to all those wishing to compete."

"I can't believe you have to be 17 to enter, its so unfair," Jasper muttered to the Hufflepuff next to him as he rolled his eyes in annoyance

"I'm sure there is a good reason for it," Kirra tries to tell him, "I have a bad feeling about it anyway, I don't think anybody should be entering. Ced is going to enter, I tried to tell him not to but he is pretty set on it." 

"To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation," said dumbledore, "I will be drawing an Age Line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed in the entrance hall. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross this line. Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this tournament is not to be entered into lightly."

"Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a champion. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are wholeheartedly prepared to play before you drop your name into the goblet. Now, I think it is time for bed. Good night to you all."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"An Age Line!" JJ said, his eyes glinting, as all the Hufflepuffs made their way across the Hall to the doors into the entrance hall. "Well, that should be fooled by an Aging Potion, shouldn't it? And once your name's in that goblet, you're laughing — it can't tell whether you're seventeen or not!"

"But I don't think anyone under seventeen will stand a chance," said Maxine, "we just haven't learned enough . . ."

"Speak for yourself," said JJ shortly. "You'll try and get in, won't you, Kirra?" 

Kirra didn't even need to think briefly of Dumbledore's insistence that nobody under seventeen should submit their name, because she was entirely against the idea of it anyways, and she had made that clear to her friends

"come on Potter, it'll be fun and think of the honour it would bring to Hufflepuff," Cedric spoke up with a wide smile, throwing his arm around the girl and pulling her close into his side.

She wondered how angry Dumbledore would be if someone younger than seventeen did find a way to get over the Age Line. . . . "Come on Kirra, you worry too much, Dumbledore wouldn't let the school do it if it were dangerous" said Cedric. Kirra rolled her eyes, if only they knew the man that Dumbledore truly was.

"I'm just worried about you Ced, what if you get picked and then something bad happens to you... things like this, never turn out well, trust me," Kirra tried to explain to him, but Cedric was too excited to even digest any of the things that she as telling him

"You don't need to worry about me little Potter, there is nothing bad going to happen and I wont get hurt, I promise. I probably won't even get chosen anyways," Cedric said and gave her a reassuring smile which she finally returned, after all, he had never broken a promise that he had made to her before so why would he break this one?