Chapter 166

Mattheo seemed to wake up once they had hit the floor of the wooden stands, a few small, dry coughs falling from his mouth before looking at her with a grin, "well that was fun don't you think?" he asked her sarcastically before reaching up and placing a hand on her face, he wasn't to sure how she would go with this task, he had kept thinking back to their boat ride over the lake in their first year.

He knew that he was absolutely terrified of the water, so to be honest, he didn't really think that she would do so great on this task. But like usual, she managed to prove how capable she truely was.

"How are you feeling lo-"

"Come here, you," said Madam Pomfrey. She seized Kirra and Mattheo and pulled them over to a set of chairs near the judge stand and sat them down before handing them both a towel as they began to shiver, the wind blowing against their cold, wet skin. Steam gushed out of their ears.

"Potter! Potter! well done!" Jasper cried as he and a few other students quickly made their way over to them, "That was bloody amazing! Oh my god I wish you could have seen it from the stands? Bloody brilliant that was."

"You did it, you found out how all by yourself!" Theodore commented with a proud grin on his face as he wrapped his arms around the girl for a few short moments before pulling away, "and you got out first!"

These words seemed to shock the girl, she looked around and sure enough, there were no other champions out of the water yet. "You won both of the tasks!" Mattheo said with a proud chuckle, throwing his arm around the girls waist, though his next action seemed to surprise her even more than the fact that she had won. He leant over and placed a kiss against her cheek and then her temple

Despite how cold she was from the water, the small gesture seemed to heat her body up significantly, her cheeks going pink as she grinned over at him

"Nice job Potter," Draco commented and then gave her a small pat on the back, not being able to hold back the small smile that was tugging on the edge of his lips. Kirra gave the boy a grin and a small nod

"Thanks Draco," she muttered out as her teeth began to clash together, goosebumps covering her skin. Theodore grabbed some more towels and began to wrap them around the girl, ignoring the look he was receiving from Mattheo as he rubbed the girls arms up and down in attempt to warm her up. Kirra gave him a thankful smile before resting her head down on Mattheo's shoulder in exhaustion

A long, shakey sigh fell from her lips as she closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down as her body tried to warm her up, "man that was shit," she muttered out with a small chuckle, "I told you guys that I had it under control though didn't I?" she muttered out to them sarcastically. 

Mattheo reached down to wipe the hair off her face and push it back behind her ear before placing a kiss on the top of her head, "You know that we all knew you were gonna win," he replied with a small smirk, not being able to help himself as he placed another kiss on the top of her head yet again.

He hesitated, his cheeks going slightly pink as he finally worked up enough courage to say his next words, "I'm really proud of you, you know..." he whispered to her. She opened her eyes and tilted her head to look up at him, gazing into his chocolate brown eyes as he continued to talk to her, "you never cease to amaze me little badger," he muttered out before resting his chin on top her her head and wrapping his arms around her body to help warm her up faster.

They sat like that for a while as they waited for the rest of the contestants. The next person to come up was Fleur who looked to be in histerics as she swam over to the stands. People began to pull her out of the water as she cried about not being able to get her sister, even though all the teachers were trying to calm her down and tell her that her sister was going to be fine.