You are the moon, and yet... I am the darkness

"Kirra! Hello did you fricken die?" Maxine yelled again as her friend stood there in a complete daze, the dragon still clutched tightly in her hand. Kirra shook her head and blinked a few times before looking down at the dragon in shock and fear what the hell just happened, what did she see? Was it the future? Who was that boy? And better yet, who was that girl? She was sure that it was her, only older

"Earth to Kirra! You're drifting again, I would like to open these presents today you know!" Maxine exclaimed with a chuckle and Kirra apologised quietly before placing the carved dragon down on her bed, giving it one last look before turning and grabbing the next present.

The next present was a very small parcel containing a note. We received your message and enclose your Christmas present. From Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia. Taped to the note was a fifty-pence piece.

"That's friendly," said Kirra sarcastically.

Maxine was fascinated by the fifty pence. "Weird!" she said, 'What a shape! This is money?"

"You can keep it," said Kirra, laughing at how pleased Max was. "Hagrid and my aunt and uncle — so who sent these?"

Kirra reached down to a parcel that was wrapped neatly and was very bumpy. Kirra had torn open the parcel to find a thick, hand-knitted sweater in emerald green and a large box of homemade fudge "its from Mrs Weasley" Kirra said with a large smile as she read the small note

'Merry Christmas dear,

Fred and George have written to me a fair bit and youre name has popped up quite a few times, I hear that youre quite the trouble maker like your dad! I hope you have a great Christmas, look after yourself and Harry and try to keep my silly boys out of trouble

Love, Mrs Weasley'

"That's really nice of her," said Kirra, trying the fudge, which was very tasty, she pulled the sweater over her head happily. Her next present also contained candy — a large box of Chocolate Frogs from Hermione. 

Then she opened the next present which was from her brother, it was a quidditch through the ages book, she smiled at it and made a mental note to thank her brother when she got down to the hall.

Next she opened a medium-sized box which was from the twins, it was filled to the brim with lollies and small joke things from a shop they had told her about called Zonkos. 

There were only two parcels left for the young Potter. Kirra picked up the larger one. It was very light. She unwrapped it and then opened the box.

There was some kind of blanket thing in the box and on top of it was a small golden ball, which she instantly recognised to be a golden snitch. She grasped the snitch in her hand, shivering slightly as the cool metal made contact with her skin, but it quickly went away as she suddenly got a sudden warmth from it which flowed throughout her whole body.

"well what else is in there, don't tell me that there was just a snitch in that big box!" Maxine edged her on impatiently, wanting to see what else was in the parcel. Kirra placed the snitch in her pocket carefully, suddenly being overcome with a great desire to keep it with her at all times. She reached into the box and pulled out the large piece of material, it spread out as she stood up and displayed it to the girl

"I've heard of those," she said in a hushed voice, dropping small parcel in her hand that she was half way through opening. "If that's what I think it is — they're really rare, and really valuable."

"What is it?" Kirra picked the shining, silvery cloth off the floor. It was strange to the touch, like water woven into material.

"It's an invisibility cloak," said Maxine, a look of awe on her face. "I'm sure it is — try it on." Kirra threw the cloak around her shoulders and Max gave a yell and jumped up and down in excitement. "It is! Look down!"