Another Era

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott, a girl Kirra hadn't talked to much even though she was in her year and the same house, spent much of their next Herbology class telling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a flowering shrub.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat grey pony. Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

'When are you going to tell me where the hell you went that night?,' said Theodore Nott angrily to Kirra, there was a desperate look on his face as he looked down at the abnormally short Huffepuff in front of him  He was worried about her and she wouldn't tell him where the hell she had been disappearing to in the middle of the night, "do you know how dangerous it is for you to be out there at night while Sirius Black is out there? If her finds you, he will kill you!". 

Kirra looked up at him with sad eyes, she could understand why he was so upset, but he didn't need to be, she wasn't going to get hurt, at least not by Sirius Black, "Theo, I've already told you a million times, I can take care of myself and nothing happened to me, I'm fine so can we please just forget about it and drop the subject, you don't need to worry about m-"

"Yes I do! don't you understand? it's my job to worry about you, you're all I bloody have and you're just walking around the grounds at night and not telling me where you are going! I'm not going to lose you" Theodore exclaimed and some people around them turned their heads to look at them, but their attention quickly disappeared after they noticed the look they were receiving from the Hufflepuff and Slytherin

"Theo..." she whispered softly and let out a small sigh, "I understand that, what I need you to understand is that one of my friends is in trouble and I need to help them with something, and I can't tell you any more than that yet," She felt horrible keeping secrets from her friends, but it has to be done

"Well, when can you tell me? I can help you!" he whisper shouted at her, "whatever it is, whoever it is... I can help you okay" his voice was desperate, his crystal blue eyes didn't leave hers until she looked down at the ground, playing with the hair tye on her wrist.

"I'm sorry Theo, but I can't tell you yet" she whispered and he felt his heart tug in his chest. He let out a scoff and then stormed out of the halls, leaving the girl there by herself, feeling horrible about herself, she hated hurting her friends, especially Theo. Theodore Nott stormed down the halls of the giant castle, his head down to hide his red cheeks and teary eyes, his balled fists furiously rubbed the tears from his cheeks as he paid no attention to the people he harshly pushed out of the way, but nobody said anything... after all, he was a Nott, and everybody knew you don't mess with a Nott.

His loud footsteps echoed throughout the halls around him, bouncing off the walls as he made his way to the room he frequently visited when he wasn't with the Hufflepuff girl, he turned the corner one last time on the 7th floor and stopped at a wall he turned his head both sides to make sure that nobody was there, then a few moments later, a large set of doors appeared in front of him.

Theodore let out a soft sigh before he reached his arms forwards and pushed the doors open to the room and walked inside, the door disappearing behind him... what did he need? What did he want the room to show to him?

He closed his eyes... the Hufflepuff girl was the first thing that showed up in his mind, her infamous smile was on her face but then it showed what they had seen when Mattheo stood in front of the boggart in class the other day. Theodore tried to shake the image out of his head and began to think again, he needed to know, was the girl safe and what was she doing, because she wasn't seeking around with Mattheo and she wasn't going out in the woods at night to run around in their animagus forms with him anymore.