Chapter 134

As soon as the girl's name had been called, Mattheo felt his heart drop to the bottom of the chest. How the hell was this possible, Dumbledore himself had gone to measures to ensure that nobody under the age of 17 could participate in the tournament.

Surely there was no way that they would let her do it, there had to be some kind of rule that allowed for the Headmaster to say that they weren't allowed to participate. Another thing that Mattheo couldn't understand was why she had put her name in the Goblet.

He could have sworn that he had heard her multiple times saying that it was a bad idea and even if she could, there was no way that she would put her name into the Goblet. Why would she lie about that?

Mattheo scolded himself silently in his head, there was no way that she would lie about that. Somebody else would have had to have put her name into the Goblet, but who the hell would have done that. Though it would be a more reasonable option since both her and Harry had their names called out.

What should he do? He couldn't let her go through the game, they were dangerous... and come to think of it, if someone had put Kirra and Harry Potter's names into the Goblet and made sure that their names would be called, then there was probably more too it.

Mattheo stood up in his seat ready to object, only to be pulled back down by Blaise and Theodore who looked just as worried as him, "we cant let this happen, its too dangerous," Mattheo snapped at them, though nobody was paying attention since their eyes were all drawn to the two people who had just gotten their names called.

"There is nothing that we can fucking do okay, we just have to play our part from the sides and make sure that nothing fucking happens to her," Theodore muttered to him as the two of them looked over at the girl whom they both loved more than anything in the world

"We cant just sit here and let this happen," Mattheo growled back, going to stand up again, only to be pulled back down by the two boys.

"Look Mattheo, I know how much she means to you, but there is literally nothing that you can do to stop it, there are rules if your name is drawn from the Goblet, once your name is called, there is no going back," Blaise told him, giving the two boys a sympathetic look

Kirra sat there, aware that every head in the Great Hall had turned to look at either her or her brother. She was stunned. She felt numb. She was surely dreaming. She had not heard correctly. There was no applause. 

A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at Harry and Kirra as they sat, frozen, in their seats. Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly.

Kirra turned to JJ and Maxine; beyond them, she saw thelong Hufflepuff table all watching her, open mouthed. "I didn't put my name in," Kirra said blankly. "You know I didn't." Both of them stared just as blankly back, though they knew she hadn't done it, they couldn't think of the words to say to her.

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall. "Harry and Kirra Potter!" he called again. But neither of them moved, they looked at each other and both of them could tell that they were both feeling the exact same way.

"Kirra and Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," JJ whispered, giving Kirra a slight push. Kirra got to her feet, trod on the hem of her robes, and stumbled slightly. She and Harry set off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables, they walked next to each other but neither of them could think of what to say to each other.