Goodbye Hogwarts

SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD

Kirra had almost forgotten that the exam results were still to come, but come they did. Though the three of them weren't very surprised, they were happy to see that she, JJ and Maxine passed with good marks; Kirra, of course, had the best grades of the first years with Hermione coming in close behind her.

And suddenly, their wardrobes were empty, their trunks were packed, notes were handed out to all students, warning them not to use magic over the holidays ("I always hope they'll forget to give us these," said Fred Weasley sadly as he, Kirra and George were on their way to throw some last-minute dung bombs in Filch's office).

Hagrid was there to take them down to the fleet of boats that sailed across the lake; they were boarding the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans as they sped past Muggle towns; pulling off their wizard robes and putting on jackets and coats; pulling into platform nine and three-quarters at King's Cross Station.

Kirra, Maxine and JJ had talked nonstop for the whole train ride, not once struggling to find anything to talk about. 

It took quite a while for them all to get off the platform. A wizened old guard was up by the ticket barrier, letting them go through the gate in twos and threes so they didn't attract attention by all bursting out of a solid wall at once and alarming the Muggles. 

"You must come and stay this summer," said Fred and George as they hugged the Hufflepuff girl and slipped some more chocolates and lollies into her pockets for her time at the Dursleys, knowing that her aunt and uncle wouldn't be giving her the sweets that she craved.

"Im sure Ronikins will be inviting his two little friends, beside you're part of our team now — We'll send you an owl." Fred says to the girl as he looks down at her with a large, goofy grin on his face. He put his hand in her hair and messed up her brown locks even more.

"Thanks," said Kirra with a big smile as she thanked them for the treats, "I'm happy I'll actually have friends I can talk to over the summer, even if it is just by mail, but I'll definitely be looking forward to coming to your house if I can." 

People jostled them as they moved forward toward the gateway back to the Muggle world, the place where Kirra was dreading as she got closer and closer; she wasn't ready to leave the wizarding world and she didn't think that she ever would be.

A lot of them called: "Bye, Kirra" "See you, Potter!"

"You've grown quite popular while you have been here haven't you," said George, grinning at her proudly

"Its just because of my last name," muttered out kirra, not liking the fact that people knew her because her parents died and she and her brother lived.

"Don't be ridiculous, thats why they like your brother, they like you because you're bloody brilliant, smart, kind and funny, and not to mention the greatest seeker ever seen in the history of Hogwarts," George said

"And because of your last name" Fred teased jokingly and the three of them laughed

"Thanks, guys, you're the best, don't forget to write to me okay?" She said with a grin "I don't have an owl so I'll have to send yours back to you or send you mail with Hedwig if Harry will let me"

"alright little Potter" Fred says, "see you soon!"

"Alright, see you guys later, I have to go say bye to Maxine and JJ" she told them and they said their last goodbyes and then Kirra weaved her way through the crowd until she sought the familiar long firey red hair of her best friend "Max! Hey!"

She made her way over to her and Maxine turned around with a giant grin, her parents were there too and were smiling down at the younger Potter, "You must be Kirra, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, we have heard so much about you" Maxine's mother said and pulled her into a hug. Something about the woman had seemed familiar but she couldn't seem to put her tongue on it.

"its great to meet you too," Kirra replied politely and then they heard a loud voice calling out from behind them

"Max, Kirra!" JJ called out and dragged his parents over to them. They all talked for about 10 minutes, saying their last goodbyes and exchanging their last hugs for this year and then Kirra went off to find her brother

"Look who it is, the little badger" she heard and she rolled her eyes before turning around to look at Mattheo. "Off to live with your family replacement? Do us a favour and stay there next year, we don't want you at Hogwarts, I don't get why you cant get that into that stupid little head of yours" Mattheo spat and the girl rolled her eyes

"See you next year Mattheo," she said and gave him a sweet smile to piss him off and then she turned around and made her way through the crowd to find her brother. Finally, she found him and he was with Ron and Hermione.

She went over to them but didn't say anything to them, she could barely even look at them without feeling a wave of sickening anger arise in her stomach, "There they are, Mom, there they are, look!" It was Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister, but she wasn't pointing at Ron. "Kirra and Harry Potter!" she squealed. "Look, Mom! I can see —"

"Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point." Mrs. Weasley smiled down at them and pulled Kirra in for a giant hug, "Busy year?" she said and let go of the girl.

"Very," said Harry and Kirra, and this only seemed to annoy the girl even more.

"Thanks for the fudge and the sweater, Mrs. Weasley." Kirra said as she tried to push the feelings away

"Oh yes, thank you," Harry said quickly

"Oh, it was nothing, dears."

"Ready, are you?" It was Uncle Vernon, still purple-faced, still moustached, still looking furious at the nerve of Harry, carrying an owl in a cage in a station full of ordinary people and Kirra with a cat laying on her shoulders. Behind them stood Aunt Petunia and Dudley, looking terrified at the very sight of Harry and Kirra.

"You must be Kirra and Harry's family!" said Mrs Weasley.

"In a manner of speaking," said Uncle Vernon."Hurry up, you two, we haven't got all day." He walked away. Kirra turned back to look around her one last time, she couldn't believe the year she had, and now it was over, and she could only pray that next year she would be back here.