Chapter 111

Kirra felt as though she had barely lain down to sleep in Ginny's room when she was being shaken awake by Mrs.Weasley. "Time to go, Kirra, dear," she whispered, moving away to wake Hermione and Ginny.

Kirra let out a long yawn and took in the sweet scent of Ginny's room before she sat up. It was still dark outside and Kirra wanted nothing more than to put her head back down on the pillow and fall asleep. 

"Five more minutes" the Hufflepuff grumbled before her eyes automatically shut again and she fell down onto the pillow, small snores falling from her lips... however, this was short lived as Ginny picked up her own pillow, a smirk on her lips, and threw it over at the Hufflepuff.

The Hufflepuff shot up in surprise, "I'm up" she exclaimed, her eyes shooting open and her posture completely straight as the other two girls giggled softly while Mrs Weasley just shook her head at the who situation.

" 'S' time already?" said Kirra groggily, already knowing the answer as Mrs Weasley left the girls to get ready. They dressed in silence, too sleepy to talk, then, yawning and stretching, the three of them headed downstairs into the kitchen.

Mrs. Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets and Fred, George, Harry and Ron were sitting down at the table. 

The Weasley twin's face's brightened as they noticed the Hufflepuff walking into the room. Mr Weasley looked up as the girl entered and spread his arms so that they could see his clothes more clearly. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt.

"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito — do I look like a Muggle, Kirra?"

"Yeah," said Kirra, smiling and she made her way over to the twins, who as usual, had saved a spot for her on the seat in between them.

Arthur nodded his head and went back to what he was doing, "very good."

"Morning boys" the girl muttered to them, still clearly lacking the sleep that she needed

"Morning love" Fred and George replied with a small grin 

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" said George, failing to stifle a huge yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs. Weasley, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

Kirra knew that Apparating meant disappearing from one place and reappearing almost instantly in another, infact, she knew how to do it, but she currently wasn't old enough to do it, so here she was, awake so early in the moring that she would be surprised if she didn't fall asleep and land face first into her porridge.

"So they're still in bed?" said Fred grumpily, pulling his bowl of porridge toward him. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," snapped Mrs. Weasley. 

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked.

"Oh yes," said Mr. Weasley, tucking the tickets safely into the back pocket of his jeans. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparition, and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."

Everyone around the table except Harry winced. 

"Er — splinched?" said Harry. 

"They left half of themselves behind," said Mr. Weasley, now spooning large amounts of treacle onto his porridge. "So, of course, they were stuck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to sort them out. Meant a fair old bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what with the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind. . . ."