Chapter 162

Mattheo and Theodore had been sitting at the edge of Kirra Potter's bed for a few hours now and the only movement that had come from the girl was her chest rising and falling softly as her lungs expanded and shrunk exhaustedly, being filled with water only a few hours. 

Theodore was asleep, he was holding onto her right hand with his own and his head was resting down on the side of her bed as he leaned forward on his chair. There was a trail of drool coming from his lips and beginning to soak the blanket that was covering the girl in fresh pyjamas that Pomfrey had put on her not too long after she had arrived (shooing out the boys as she closed the curtains and cleaned the girl up slightly before dressing her)

His face was puffy from crying himself to sleep and his hair was all over the place, loud snores fell from his mouth, making Matteo roll his eyes occasionally as a few overly loud snores fell randomly from Theo's mouth.

Mattheo was sitting on the opposite side of the bed to theodore and was holding softly onto her left hand, as if he thought her to be made of glass and just the smallest amount of extra pressure would break her. His eyes hadn't left her face as he struggled to keep his eyes open, his eyes threatening to close. 

He couldn't believe that they were back in the same situation again, why was she so prone to getting hurt? He could have sworn that she had laid in the hospital wind at least a thousand times. His eyes wondered her face, her freckles that litered her face perfectly and her brown messy hair that he used to tease her for. Then he thought about her green eyes, her beautiful green eyes that he was certain he got lost in every time he got the honour and privilege of looking into them.

His eyes were stinging as he fought to keep them over, sleep looming over his shoulder, threatening to pull him into a deep slumber. Eventually, he could no longer keep it up and his eyes were finally shut for good for the next few hours.

Kirra Potters eyes had fluttered open softly from the light shining through the windows and almost instantly she had noticed the extra weight on her hands, she looked down in confusion to  see both of the boys passed out in their chairs, their heads laying on her bed, they looked adorable. She contemplated whether or not she should awake them but finally decided against it.

It didn't take long before tears were brought to her eyes as she remembered last night. She had seen regulus again, hell she had almost died and was going to be reunited with him. She had really seen him... she had talked to him. Did this mean that he had been watching over her this whole time?

She hastily brushed the thoughts off, not wanting to think about it any longer, she was alive so she had to think about the people she had in her life now... and about the upcoming task

she was thinking about the merpeople's song again. "We've taken what you'll sorely miss." That sounded as though they were going to steal something of hers, something she had to get back. What were they going to take? 

"Good," said Kirra vaguely to herself as she tried to figure out what would happen for the task. "Well, I'm a lot further on than I was. . . . guess I better wake the boys up now, Im bloody starving" 

She softly tugged on the two boys hands, they both shot up quickly, looking around in shock and confusion before remembering where they were and what had happened the night before. Mattheo was the first to react, he tore his hand from hers and stood up, making his way closer to her to cup her face in his hands, "thank god you are okay, I was so worried! Why would you do that!" he exclaimed

She looked up at him in slight confusion, "do what?" she asked dumbfoundedly

"Drown yourself in the ruddy tub you git!" Theodore said to her as he grabbed her hand tighter, a scared yet relieved look on his face as he peered over at her with wide eyes. This was the girl that meant everything to him, nothing could compare and he had almost lost her last night.