Sleeping Bags

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the Hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. 

'Send word with one of the ghosts.' Professor Dumbledore paused, about to the leave the Hall, and said, 'Oh, yes, you'll be needing ...' One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

'Sleep well,' said Professor Dumbledore, as he and the teachers went to leave but they were stopped by two Slytherin boys who had deep looks of concern on their faces. "Professors, it's Kirra... she isn't in here" Theodore said quickly and the faces of all the teachers dropped simultaneously.

"Oh my heavens!" Minerva exclaimed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hufflepuff ripped her cloak from over her head as she made it reasonably deep into the woods, "Pads? Sirius where are you?" she called out for the man. The sound of sticks breaking made her turn around, and she was thankful to see that it was the man.

"What did you do?!" the girl exclaimed in frustration as she rushed over to him, "the whole castle has gone into lockdown and the teachers are all looking for you, the dementors are already after you but now they know that you are here at Hogwarts, what if the ministry comes here to look for you... what if they find you, they will kill you!" she exclaimed

"I can't wait any longer Kirra, I want everyone to know that I'm innocent, then I can be your legal guardian and you don't have to worry about those stupid muggles!" Sirius exclaimed and the girl was confused

"How the hell would you become my legal guardian?!" she asked him, her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as she looked at the dirty man in front of her

"You are my god-daughter!" Sirius told her and she was shocked, a small chuckle fell from his lips, "and ironically, you are your god mother" Sirius says which only confused the girl even more.

The two of them sat down on a large rock, the light from the moon was shining down on them through the gaps in the trees above them. "You were away on a mission... it was your last mission, it was a mission you set for yourself, you left in the middle of the night, only leaving a note that you were going to try and stop my brother... Lily fell pregnant the day that you died, it must have been only a few minutes after"

Kirra was surprised, but she pieced it together in her mind, Emily died 9 months before Kirra was born, so the timeline made sense. "When Lily found out that she was pregnant, her and James made you, well Emily... and I, your godparents and Lupin and Marlene were Harry's godparents"

"Thats messed up" the girl muttered out, a small grin on her face, "Bet you don't hear that too often huh? Someone being their own godparent" she said with a chuckle and Sirius couldn't help but grin at her, but his smile disappeared

"I lost everything when you died Em, and now we are finally together again, I can give you a home, and Harry, and Rem, the four of us," he told her with a sigh, she leant over and rested her head against his arm