Chapter 157

Kirra finished reading and looked up at Jasper, whose mouth was hanging open. "How did that stupid Rita woman find out?" he whispered. But that wasn't what was bothering Kirra.

"What d'you mean, 'we all hate Hagrid'?" Kirra spat at Malfoy. "What's this rubbish about him" — she pointed at Crabbe — "getting a bad bite off a flobberworm? They haven't even got teeth!"

Crabbe was sniggering, apparently very pleased with himself. "Well, I think this should put an end to the oaf's teaching career," said Malfoy, his eyes glinting. "Half-giant . . . and there was me thinking he'd just swallowed a bottle of Skele-Gro when he was young. . . . None of the mummies and daddies are going to like this at all. . . . They'll be worried he'll eat their kids, ha, ha. . . ."

"You little shi—"

"Are you paying attention over there?" Professor Grubbly-Plank's voice carried over to the boys and Kirra; the girls were all clustered around the unicorn now, stroking it. Kirra was so angry that the Daily Prophet article shook in her hands as she turned to stare unseeingly at the unicorn, whose many magical properties Professor Grubbly-Plank was now enumerating in a loud voice, so that the boys could hear too.

"This is bullshit," Kirra mutered under her breath and went to storm over to Malfoy but Mattheo and Jasper had both grabbed onto her wrists

"Just forget it, I'll deal with him later okay?" Jasper whispered to her, a seething look on his face as he looked over at Malfoy and his goons. Jasper was never a fan of the three of them, and he doubted that, that would change any time soon

"C'mon love, just leave it," Mattheo whispered as he pulled her back against his chest and wrapped his arms around her, turning her to face the replacement teacher and pay attention to the class in hopes of taking her mind off the situation. But Kirra was sick of just standing around and letting Malfoy ruin peoples lives.

She ripped her body away from Mattheos and stormed over to Malfoy. The blonde boy's eyes widened  and he stumbled back as the short Hufflepuff stormed over to him and glared up at him coldly, "It's not funny Draco, you and I both know that Hagrid is a good person you git! Hagrid doesn't deserve any of the shit that you keep giving him, you need to back off before I make you back off," Kirra growled

Draco was shaking slightly but he managed to choke out a sarcastic chuckle, "O-oh yeah, what are you going to do about it? Youre just a little Hufflepuff," Draco said, which was stupid because she had proven to them countless times not to underestimate Hufflepuff

Kirra's fist had clenched and drawn back and was about to hit Draco in the face before Mattheo had run up and pulled her away just in time, "Get off me Theo!" SHe growled at the boy

"Thats what I thou-"

Jasper had thrown his fist straight into Draco's face, sending the blonde flying back onto the ground, landing hard on his ass as his nose bled heavily, "what in Merlin! My father will hear about this!" he growled and then Crabbe and Goyle went to punch Jasper but Theodore had made it over in time to punch Crabbe while Kirra broke out of Mattheo's grip and punched Goyle.

"Hey! Stop that right now!" Grubbly-Plank called out, however she made a mistake by not rushing over as a fight began to break out. Draco had stood back up and went to pull his wand out to jinx the Hufflepuff but Mattheo was quickly to punch the boy in the side of the face, then the two of them began fighting, Mattheo obviously winning.

Theodore and Crabbe were rolling around punching each other as hard as they could while Jasper and Goyle were hitting each other. And by now Kirra, along with a bunch of the Gryffindors were fighting a bunch of Slytherins who were fighting alongside Draco and his goons.