Slytherin Party

Kirra, Mattheo, Jasper and Theodore went up to the Owlery that evening to find Mattheo's owl, so that Kirra could send Sirius a letter telling him that she and her brother had managed to get past his dragon unscathed. 

On the way, Kirra filled Theodore, Jasper and Mattheo in on the fact that Karkaroff had been a death eater and in her past life, she had been one of the wizards who had contributed in locking him away. Though shocked at first to hear that Karkaroff had been a Death Eater, by the time they entered the Owlery Theodore was saying that they ought to have suspected it all along.

"Fits, doesn't it?" he said. "Our fathers are all friends with the man, I mean I had my suspicions from the start but this just confirms it. Now we know where they knew each other."

Jasper nodded his head"Yeah you're right, I'll tell you one thing, though, little Badger, if it was Karkaroff who put your name in the goblet, he's going to be feeling really stupid now, isn't he? Didn't work, did it? You only got a scratch!"

"Come here — I'll do it —" Mattheo said as he noticed she was struggling with his owl who was so overexcited at the idea of a delivery he was flying around and around Kirra's head, hooting incessantly.

Mattheo snatched the owl out of the air and held him still while Kirra attached the letter to his leg. "There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be? The ministry has always got their eyes on you and our brother, I doubt they would let anything that bad happen to either of you" Mattheo went on as he carried the owl to the window.

"I don't know Theo, there is just something really off about this tournament, I've got a really bad feeling that something is going to go seriously wrong," Kirra muttered out softly as she noticed Hedwig flying over to her and landing on her shoulder. She gave the owl a few pats.

"You know what? I know that you are going to win this tournament, Kirra, I'm serious, you have absolutely nothing to worry about okay." Theodore seemed very set on this idea, Kirra on the other hand wasn't so sure... she was going against people whom she didn't know very well, and who knows what they could bring to the table.

"I don't know about that Theo," the girl muttered out as she leaned against the Owlery wall, folded her arms, and frowned at the three boys. "I've got a long way to go before I finish this tournament," she said seriously. "If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next, I'm lucky that I have experience with dragons."

"Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?" said Theodore with a grin on his lips, "You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime."

"Oh bugger off you tosser," Kirra told him with a grin as she rolled her eyes at the boy

Mattheo let his owl out of the window. The letter attached to his leg was much longer and heavier than usual — Kirra hadn't been able to resist giving Sirius a blow-by-blow account of exactly how the tournament had gone, and how exciting it was that the dragon that she had got had been Norbert.

They watched the dark owl disappear into the darkness, and then Mattheo said, "Well, we'd better get downstairs for your surprise party that the Slytherins are holding for you, Kirra — Draco and Blaise should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now."

"Slytherin? I should probably head back to the Hufflepuff common ro-"

"No way darling. Come on along, they would have already set it up for you... Hufflepuff has Diggory so we get you," Mattheo told her and walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She froze for a small moment, trying to decide if she should go back to her own common room, or the Slytherin common room. It didn't take long before she made up her mind and quickly  melted into his arms, "yeah alright." She finally gave in and nodded her head at the three boys before they all made their way down to the dungeons and into the Slytherin common room.