Chapter 131

"I don't believe it!" Kiffa said, in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the party from Durmstrang. "Krum, J! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Badger, he's not even that good so stop fawning over him, its pathetic," said Mattheo as he walked passed her, bumping into her shoulder and then walking away with Theodore next to him.

"He's a fantastic seeker Riddle, but you wouldn't know because you had your head up your ass for the whole game," Kirra spat, clearly tired and no longer being able to put up with all of the bullshit that she had been coping.

Mattheo stopped walking and turned to look at her with wide eyes, it was like they had gone back to how it was when they were in their first two years at school, constantly bickering and him saying something stupid and setting her off. 

"Oh yeah, that's strong coming from the girl who was watching the game through her own tears because she thought that I actually loved her in the first place!" Mattheo fired back, and it was at that moment he knew, he fucked up. (I'm sorry, I had to.)

She stared. Eyes blank, heart completely numb. And it was in that one second that Mattheo had saw more of her than he ever had before. Her face spoke all the words that she could not. She knew nothing in the world ever lasted, but he fooled her for a while.

They just stared at each other. Mattheo hadn't meant what he had said and he didn't know why he had said it, he was just so angry. His anger had been growing and growing without her, she was what kept him calm and now without her, he was a ticking time bomb, and he had just gone off, and unfortunately, she had been caught in the explosion.

He loved her more than anything. And she loved him more than anything in this life.  She taught him how to live even though she was dying inside, "Fuck you." She spat and then she grabbed Jasper by the hand and they recrossed the entrance hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students heading for the Great Hall.

Mattheo stood there in silence. Draco who had seen the whole thing walked up to him and placed his hand on his friends shoulder, "I'm sorry ma-"

"Fuck off Malfoy," Mattheo spat angrily and shoved Draco's hand off him before he stormed into the hall, leaving Theodore and Draco behind. Mattheo could feel the tears clouding his vision but he quickly wiped them away and put a blank look on his face as he stormed over to the Slytherin table.

He had told the only person that he had ever loved, that he had never loved her at all. And the only thing worse then that, was the fact that he was sure she had believed him. This was complete bullshit. He was the one who was supposed to protect her and yet he was the one who had hurt her the most.

Kirra, who was no longer excited about the fact that Krum was there, saw Lee Jordan jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head. Several sixth-year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked — "Oh I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me —"

"D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

"Really," Jasper said loftily as they passed the girls, now squabbling over the lipstick. "are you going to go and try to get his autograph?," said Jasper softly but she shook her head, no longer wanting to be there. 

Jasper dug through his pockets trying to find a quill, "You haven't got a quill, have you, Kirra?mine are upstairs in my bag," said Jasper. She shook her head and he let out a small frustrated groan as he tried to find a quill so that he could get an autograph for her.

"Don't worry about it," she whispered to him, an unusually blank look on her face

"No, it's fi-"