Valentines

Thunder clapped loudly and lightning covered the sky over their heads as Theodore Nott and Kirra Potter ran down towards the forest under the girl's invisibility cloak. It was finally time; they made it to the small clearing and over towards the tree where they had hidden their viles.

They each grabbed both of their vials which held a now blood-red liquid inside of it before they moved back into the middle of the clearing. "ready?" he asked her uncertainly as he held the vial in one hand and his wand in the other.

All they could do was pray that this didn't go wrong. 

"As ready as I'll ever be," she grinned excitedly as she gripped her wand and the vial. Just like they had been doing every night and morning since leaving the vial in the tree, they raised the tip of their wands to their hearts and began to say the incantation, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus" and then they nodded towards each other and quickly drank their potions.

They both fell to the ground instantly as a firey pain coursed through their bodies, she felt it, the second heartbeat thumping hard in her chest. The pain caused her eyes and mind to go foggy but then she began to see images in her mind. Fur, small legs, and a medium-sized snout. She knew what she was going to become. She knew not to be scared, there was no turning back now and soon the pain began to settle and she felt her body begin to change

A few moments later the pain had stopped, she looked ahead of her and instead of seeing the brunette boy with ocean-blue eyes, she saw a red fox looking up at her. She looked down towards where her feet were meant to be and she realized she was way shorter than she usually was and her feet were behind her and a fluffy black. 

She was a badger.

The fox went forward and sniffed her and then sat down and wagged its tail around happily. The two of them each picked up their wands in their mouths and put them next to each other next to the tree since neither of them could really reach anything. Then for the rest of the night, the two of them ran around the school grounds playing around, exploring. 

Two second-year students had become animagi, which had never been seen before, but they knew they couldn't tell anyone, otherwise it would risk them going to Azkaban, due to the fact they were unregistered animagi.

When the sun began to rise again, they returned to the clearing and grabbed their wands and visualised their human forms. They successfully transformed back into their human forms, wide grins on their faces. 

"We did it" the girl exclaimed excitedly jumping arounf before she shot forward and threw her arms around her tall best friend. He laughed at her reaction, also feeling just as excited as she was. He accepted her hug, holding her around her waist. 

Since she was so short, he had literally mangaged to sweep her off her feet. He was so tall compared to her that she wasn't even touching the ground.

"I can't believe you actually turned into a badger!" Theodore laughed as he carefully placed her on the ground, a large smile on his face, a smile that he only let her see, "A true Hufflepuff," he teased her playfully.

She grinned as she whacked him softly on the arm

"I'm not surprised you're a fox," she replies with a smile and he looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "why? Because they are evil and eat other animals at night?" he asked her with a sarcastic laugh

"No because they are loyal, creative and passionate," she replied and he gave her a small smile, though he definitely didn't believe that he was creative and definitely not passionate, and the only person he was really loyal to was the girl in front of him.

"Whatever you say princess," he replied and the two of them walked back to the castle talking about their transformation and the animals that they had turned into.