Home at last

Mattheo reached out beside him and grabbed the soft hand of Kirra Potter in his own before helping her down off of the carraige, and the four of them joined the crowd swarming up the steps, through the giant oak front doors, and into the cavernous Entrance Hall, which was lit with flaming torches and housed a magnificent marble staircase which led to the upper floors.

Mattheo made sure that the girl stuck to his side, not wanting to lose her in the crowd while Jasper and Theodore followed closely behind. The door into the Great Hall stood open at the right; they followed the crowd toward it, but had barely glimpsed the enchanted ceiling, which was black and cloudy tonight, when a voice called, 'Kirra! Kirra over here!" she turned and noticed JJ and Max waving her over from the Hufflepuff table.

"We will see you later okay," Mattheo told her softly and she quickly nodded saying goodbye to the three Slytherins and making her way over to the Hufflepuff table before sitting in the spot that JJ and Max had saved in between them for her.

She didn't even get a moment to sit down before Maxine quickly began ranting, "Is it true? what everyone is saying?" Kirra didn't even get time to answer as Maxine kept on talking, "Actually don't even answer that because multiple people saw it, it was bloody brilliant apparently"

 Kirra opened her mouth to ask what the hell Max was talking about but the red-haired girl kept on ranting, "I just can't believe that you didn't tell us that you could do it, I mean where in the name of Merlin did you even learn to do it? That's advanced magic and not even all of the best wizards are able to do it, but you, a third year... I mean... its amazing" Maxine choked out

"and th-"

"Max!" Kirra finally cut in, the red-haired girl stopped talking and looked at Kirra, "I don't even know what the bloody hell you are talking about" Kirra commented and Maxine rolled her eyes with a proud grin on her face

"well of course I am talking about the fact that you were able to produce a full patronus, and it was a dragon, people on the train were saying it was magnificent, i'm sure pretty much everybody would know by now" Maxine said and Kirra finally looked up and to her surprise, almost all of the students were looking between her and her brother, whispering something to each other as they did so

"Shame you weren't in with Harry, by the sounds of it, he could have really used your help" JJ commented and Kirra looked over at him in confusion, why would Harry have needed her help on the train?

JJ picked up on her confused face and shook his head softly with a chuckle, "I swear, you never hear any of the gossip that spreads around the school" JJ commented and then continued, "Apparently the dementors paid your brother a visit too, but he wasn't as experienced as you with dementors, he fainted"

Kirra looked over at her brother in worry and quickly went to stand up and walk over to him to make sure that he was okay, but at that moment the Headmaster stood up to speak, and he broke off. Professor Dumbledore, though very old, always gave an impression of great energy.

He had several feet of long silver hair and beard, half-moon spectacles and Kirra was far from being a fan of the man, if she were to be honest, he was one of the few people that she hated in life, Peter, Dumbledore and Voldemort, she could never hate Tom Riddle, but she hated the man he became, the monster he became, the monster that she blamed herself for.

'Welcome!' said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard.'Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast ...'

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued. 'As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business.' He paused, and Kirra remembered what Mr Weasley had said about Dumbledore not being happy with the Dementors guarding the school.