Wand Weighing

"Antidotes!" said Snape, looking around at them all, his cold black eyes glittering unpleasantly. "You should all have prepared your recipes now. I want you to brew them carefully, and then, we will be selecting someone on whom to test one. . . ." Snape's eyes met Kirra's, and Kirra knew what was coming.

Snape was going to poison her, but at this point, she doubted she could care any less, she was pretty much getting sick of everything around here and she couldn't deny that she wanted to be reunited with her loved ones who had crossed over. 

Kirra imagined picking up her cauldron, and sprinting to the front of the class, and bringing it down on Snape's greasy head — And then a knock on the dungeon door burst in on Kirra's thoughts.

It was Colin Creevey; he edged into the room, beaming at Kirra and then over at Harry, and walked up to Snape's desk at the front of the room. "Yes?" said Snape curtly.

"Please, sir, I'm supposed to take Harry and Kirra Potter upstairs."

Snape stared down his hooked nose at Colin, whose smile faded from his eager face. "The Potters' have another hour of Potions to complete," said Snape coldly. "They will come upstairs when this class is finished."

Colin went pink. "Sir — sir, Mr. Bagman wants them," he said nervously. "All the champions have got to go, I think they want to take photographs. . . ." Kirra would have given anything she owned to have stopped Colin from saying those last few words.

She buried her face in her arms on the desk and let out a small embarrassed sigh while Mattheo just watched with a growing scowl on his face. He couldn't believe that the school was actually going through with this and letting her compete.

After everything that he and Nott had gone through to make sure that she was safe, and now it was all just being thrown away for nothing. They literally had to make her hate them and cut themselves off from her, but his father was one step ahead of them.

Mattheo was almost certain that this had something to do with his father, and he was willing to bet all that he had on it.

"Very well, very well," Snape snapped. "Potters', leave your things here, I want you back down here later to test your antidote."

"Please, sir — they have got to take their things with them," squeaked Colin. "All the champions —"

"Very well !" said Snape. "You two — take your bags and get out of my sight!" Kirra and Harry swung their bags over their shoulders, got up, and headed for the door. Kirra turned around and looked over at Snape with a smirk on her face

"See ya later Snape, shame I won't be here for the testing ay?" She asked him with a wide grin before she turned back to leave the classroom. As she walked through the Slytherin desks, POTTER STINKS flashed at her from every direction but she no longer brought herself to care about it.

"It's amazing, isn't it, Kirra?" said Colin, starting to speak the moment Kirra and Harry had closed the dungeon door behind them. "Isn't it, though Harry? The two of you being champions?"

"Yeah, really amazing," said Harry heavily as they set off toward the steps into the entrance hall.

Kirra looked down at the younger boy with a small look of confusion on her face, "What do they want photos for, Colin?"

"The Daily Prophet, I think!"

"Great," said Harry and Kirra dully. "Exactly what we need. More publicity."

"Good luck!" said Colin when they had reached the right room. Kirra knocked on the door and entered. They were in a fairly small classroom; most of the desks had been pushed away to the back of the room, leaving a large space in the middle; three of them, however, had been placed end-to-end in front of the blackboard and covered with a long length of velvet.