Chapter 156

Kirra slowly opened her eyes and let out a small yawn before going to get out of bed, only then did she become aware of the heavy weight ontop of her, holding her down to the bed. She turned her head slowly and smiled gently as she was met with Mattheo's sleeping face. His arm was wrapped around her waist tightly and he was holding her body against his chest. 

SHe let out a small sigh, she couldn't believe she had just forgiven him that easily all over again, but she knew that she couldn't help it. With a few small, exhausted grunts she managed to turn her body around to face him. His hair was messy and covering his forehead and some oh his eyes, she managed to free one of her arms and push the strands out of his eyes so that she could admire his face. 

Her finger trailed gently over the scar that travelled across his nose before running along the scar that went through his eyebrow and down to his eye. He truly was a piece of art. She wasn't sure what time it was, everyone else seemed to be asleep, though judging from the amount of sunlight that had managed to force its way through the closed curtains, she was sure that it wasn't early. 

She laid there for another 10 minutes or so before Mattheo finally woke up. His eyes were closed, but he could feel the girl playing with his hair. A small smirk tugged on his lips as he muttered out, "You do know its weird to stare at people when they are asleep right?" he muttered out softly. Kirra quickly pulled her hand away and her cheeks went a crimson red as she began to apologise softly

His eyes opened slowly and he leant forward, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, "I'm kidding love. There is no need to apologise," he muttered to her as he pulled away, closing his eyes again. He was still so tired. The truth was, he had hardly got any sleep last night, he had stayed up and just enjoyed the feeling of having the girl in his arms as he watched her carefully, scared that she would wake up and change her mind about getting back together with him. 

"C'mon lets go get some breakfast," the girl muttered out to him softly and went to stand up but the boy just tightened his grip around her waist and then buried his head into the crook of her neck

"Or we could just stay here for a little longer?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody got up late on Boxing Day. The Slytherin common room was much quieter than it had been lately, many yawns punctuating the lazy conversations. Kirra had struggled to brush her hair down for about 20 minutes that morning before giving it up and allowing the annoying, random pieces of hair for sticking out

She confessed to Theodore and Jasper that she had used liberal amounts of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion on it for the ball, "but it's way too much bother to do every day," she said matter-of-factly, scratching a purring Whiskers behind the ears.

"I don't know why you would bother anyway, I think that your hair looks cool," Jasper says with a small shrug as he told her his honest opinion. He knew that she hated her hair, but he had never seen an issue with it, sure it stuck out messily, but it was a cool kind of messy

"I agree, though I've gotta say, you really did look really beautiful last night," Theodore told her, it took everything in him to stop his cheeks from going a deep shade of red as she hugged him and his cousin before sitting back in the chair and continuing to pat whiskers 

"You know when we were walking around looking for you last night we overheard a conversation between Madame Maxime and Hagrid, apparently he is a half giant. He was tryna tell Madam Maxine that she was one too, but she didn't seem to take it too well," Jasper said with a small snort as he told them what they had heard last night.

Kirra didn't seem to find the news that Hagrid was a half-giant nearly as shocking as Theodore, Jasper and Mattheo did.

"Well, I thought he must be," she said, shrugging. "I knew he couldn't be pure giant because they're about twenty feet tall. But honestly, all this hysteria about giants. They can't all be horrible. . . . It's the same sort of prejudice that people have toward werewolves. . . . It's just bigotry, isn't it?"