Resurfaced Memories

It had been a few days since Kirra had snuck out of the castle to see Sirius and the two of them had been meeting every night, trying to figure out a plan to reveal Sirius's innocence, but they hadn't come up with anything yet. 

Remus and her were back on talking terms, he came to her the day after their argument and told her that they shouldn't argue over it, they should just be happy that they have the chance to see each other again.

Mattheo and Theodore had noticed the girl sneaking around at night but since she wasn't talking to them at the moment, they couldn't exactly ask her what the hell she was doing. After the whole ordeal with Draco, Buckbeak and Hagrid the Slytherins believed that was the reason she was avoiding them. Though while that was part of the reason, the real reason was that she didn't want to risk Sirius's life if they caught him.

Malfoy didn't reappear in classes until late on Thursday morning when they were halfway through double Potions. He swaggered into the dungeon, his right arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling, acting as though he was the heroic survivor of some dreadful battle. 

'How is it, Draco?' simpered Pansy Parkinson while Maxine and Kirra shared a look before rolling their eyes. JJ let out a small huff and continued writing notes in his book. 

'Does it hurt much?' Pansy continued

'Yeah,' said Malfoy, putting on a brave sort of grimace. But the three Hufflepuffs saw him wink at Crabbe and Goyle when Pansy had looked away. 'Settle down, settle down,' said Professor Snape idly. 

They were making a new potion today, a Shrinking Solution. Malfoy set up his cauldron right next to Kirra and Maxine, so that they were preparing their ingredients on the same table.

'Sir,' Malfoy called, 'sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm –' 

'Mayfield, cut up Malfoy's roots for him,' said Snape, without looking up. Max went brick red.

'There's nothing wrong with your arm,' she hissed at Malfoy. Malfoy smirked across the table.

'Angry for a little Hufflepuff arent you? Well come on Mayfield, you heard Professor Snape, cut up these roots.' Max seized her knife, pulled Malfoy's roots towards her and began to chop them roughly so that they were all different sizes. 

'Professor,' drawled Malfoy, 'Mayfield's mutilating my roots, sir.' Snape approached their table, stared down his hooked nose at the roots, then gave Max an unpleasant smile from beneath his long, greasy black hair then turned to Kirra and gave an even more unpleasant smile. 

'Change roots with Malfoy, Potter.' 

'But sir –!' The two Hufflepuffs exclaimed but the teacher watched as the Potter girl gave her perfectly chopped roots to Draco while she got his roots that Max had basically destroyed

Snape walked off with a smirk on his face, "I'm sorry Kirra, I'll swap with you" Max quickly says but Kirra shakes her head

"its fine" she says with a sigh and then Draco turns to her with a serious look on his face

"Why are you ignoring Riddle and Nott?" Draco quickly asks her, a scowl forming on his face. The girls cheeks went slightly red but then she shook her head

"I don't know what you are talking about Malfoy" She mutters out to him, she notices Theodore, who was sitting with Blaise; and Mattheo who was sitting with Jasper, trying to listen in on the conversation that they were having.

"Dont play stupid Potter, the two of them have been moping around like a pair of sad puppies, it's disgusting." Malfoy said and rolled his eyes, "Everyone has noticed you avoiding them,"