Chapter 93

A/N: Once I finish Prisoner of Azkaban, i'm going to go back and edit previous chapters quickly, it should only take a couple of days, (maybe 2 or 3) and then I will continue with the Goblet of Fire :)

When Harry, Ron and Hermione had told Kirra about Hagrid and the case, the Hufflepuff had been shocked. The safety measures imposed on the students since Black's second break-in made it impossible for Kirra, Harry, Ron and Hermione to go and visit Hagrid in the evenings.

Their only chance of talking to him was during Care of Magical Creatures lessons. He seemed numb with shock at the verdict.

''S all my fault. Got all tongue-tied. They was all sittin' there in black robes an' I kep' droppin' me notes and forgettin' all them dates yeh looked up fer me, Hermione. An' then Lucius Malfoy stood up an' said his bit, and the Committee jus' did exac'ly what he told 'em ...'

'There's still the appeal!' said Ron fiercely. 'Don't give up yet, we're working on it!' They were walking back up to the castle with the rest of the class. Ahead they could see Malfoy, who was walking with Crabbe and Goyle, and kept looking back, laughing derisively.

''S no good, Ron,' said Hagrid sadly as they reached the castle steps. 'That Committee's in Lucius Malfoy's pocket. I'm jus' gonna make sure the rest o' Beaky's time is the happiest he's ever had. I owe him that ...' 

"What If I sneak him out, set him free," Kirra said

"YOu can't they will find 'im' Hagrid turned round and hurried back towards his cabin, his face buried in his handkerchief.

'Look at him blubber!' Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle had been standing just inside the castle doors,listening. 'Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?' said Malfoy. 'And he's supposed to be our teacher!'

Harry and Ron both made furious moves towards Malfoy, but Hermione and Kirra got there first – SMACK! Hermione had slapped Malfoy around the face with all the strength she could muster and Kirra had jinxed him with the jelly-legs jinx. Malfoy staggered and then fell to the ground, unable to stand. 

Harry, Ron, Crabbe and Goyle stood flabber gasted as Hermione raised her hand again and Kirra raised her wand once more. 'Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul – you evil –'

'Hermione!' said Ron weakly, and he tried to grab her hand as she swung it back. 'Get off, Ron!' Kirra stepped closer to the boy with her wand raised. 'C'mon,' Malfoy muttered to his two goons who each grabbed one of his arms to help him walk, and next moment, all three of them had disappeared into the passageway to the dungeons.

'Hermione!' Ron said again, sounding both stunned and impressed.

'Hermione that was bad ass!' Kirra said in a proud tone as she cheered the girl on. 

'We're due in Charms,' said Ron, still goggling at Hermione. 'We'd better go.' They hurried up the marble staircase towards Professor Flitwick's classroom.'You're late, boys and Miss Potter!' said Professor Flitwick reprovingly, as Harry opened the classroom door. 'Come along, quickly, wands out, we're experimenting with Cheering Charms today. We've already divided into pairs –'

Harry and Ron hurried to a desk at the back and opened their bags while Kirra looked around and noticed that Mattheo was by himself, looking at her, waiting for her to go over and join his pair. 

"Hey love," Kirra whispered to the boy and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as she began to pull her books out, she looked around the classroom, 'Where's Hermione gone?'

Hermione hadn't entered the classroom, yet Kirra knew she had been right next to her when Harry had opened the door. 'That's weird,' said Kirra to herself, 'Maybe – maybe she went to the bathroom or something?'