Chapter 137

"Look like they're havin' fun, don' they?" Hagrid said happily. Kirra assumed he was talking about the skrewts, because her classmates certainly weren't; every now and then, with an alarming bang, one of the skrewts' ends would explode, causing it to shoot forward several yards, and more than one person was being dragged along on their stomach, trying desperately to get back on their feet.

"Ah, I don' know, Ophelia," Hagrid sighed suddenly, looking back down at her with a worried expression on his face. "School champion . . . everythin' seems ter happen ter you, doesn' it? It always has..."

Kirra didn't answer, she couldn't figure out what she could say to that. Yes, everything did seem to happen to her, all of her lives had been chaotic and busy, but she would be lying if she said out of all her lives, her first one wasn't the least chaotic.

But it was that first life that had led to all of the chaos that the wizarding world had fallen into over and over. . . 

The next few days were pretty bad, but they had been better than the last few weeks, she now had her best friend, Maxine, talking to her, meaning that JJ didn't have to hide the fact that that he was still best friends with Kirra anymore. 

Mattheo nor Theodore had gone out of their way to see how the girl had been going or even talked to her about anything, but she had been making direct eye contact with the two of them very frequently over the last week.

She was sure that she was only coping with the rest of the school's behavior because of the fact that she had her friends, Cedric, Maxine and JJ had hardly even left her side and the four of them had been looking through books, attempting to get any clues on what the tasks would be.

Though Kirra had also been trying to hang out with her brother as much as she could because his best friend had turned on him and he had been receiving a lot of hate, even more hate then she had. 

Kirra considered herself lucky that she was in Hufflepuff because most of them weren't mad at her for becoming a champion though they all seemed to be mad at her brother, the only people that were really mad at her were the people from the other schools, a few Gryffindors who only wanted Harry to win, and a few Ravenclaws... though none of the Slytherins seemed to be mad at her. THough Draco had been taunting her, though it was common knowledge throughout the school that there was a high number of Slytherins who adored the Hufflepuff girl.

Harry was grateful for his sisters company but nevertheless, it was lonely with dislike pouring in on him from all sides. He could understand the Hufflepuffs' attitude, even if he didn'tlike it; they had their own champions to support. He expected nothing less than vicious insults from the Slytherins — he was highly unpopular there and always had been, because he had helped Gryffindor beat them so often, both at Quidditch and in the Inter-House Championship. 

But he had hoped the Ravenclaws might have found it in their hearts to support him as much as Cedric. He was wrong, however. Most Ravenclaws seemed to think that he had been desperate to earn himself a bit more fame by tricking the goblet into accepting his name.

Then there was the fact that Cedric looked the part of a champion so much more than he and his sister did, but Harry was sure that Kirra had an excellent chance at winning the cup. Cedric however, was exceptionally handsome, with his straight nose, dark hair, and gray eyes, it was hard to say who was receiving more admiration these days, Cedric or Viktor Krum.

Kirra actually saw the same sixth-year girls who had been so keen to get Krum's autograph begging Cedric to sign their school bags one lunchtime. Meanwhile there was no reply from Sirius, Hedwig was refusing to come anywhere near her, Professor Trelawney was predicting her death with even more certainty than usual, though she did so well at Summoning Charms in Professor Flitwick's class that she had been given no homework