Christmas 2.0

Mattheo and Kirra walked into the library hand in hand. He had waited outside the Hufflepuff entrance like they planned and when she walked out, it was awkward once again but as they walked to the library she grabbed onto his hand again. 

While it was a small gesture and she had held her friend's hands many times, she couldn't help but worry if she was being clingy or they were rushing. They weren't in a relationship, but over the past week or so, the two had become close and neither of them even knew how it had happened so quickly. 

Not even two weeks ago he was mocking her about something random and now here they were, hand in hand walking through the library to find a seat. Mattheo was pleased with the fact that she was holding his hand, he had never got affection growing up, in fact, he grew to hate people touching him but with her, it was just different, and he thanked Merlin that she had forgiven him for all he had done. 

2 nights prior, they had sat together in the Astronomy tower and he explained why he was mean to her, in fact he told her a lot about him and in return, she told him a lot about her, though there was one thing he could not bring himself to say to her.

The fact that his father was the dark lord and the person that had killed her parents, only a few people knew who his parents were, and they were too scared to say anything. Mattheo liked it like that, he liked being feared... except when it came to a certain Hufflepuff, he feared being feared by her.

"Come on there's an empty table over here" she muttered to him, her hand was warm against his cold one. They made their way to the table but stopped at a small commotion a few tables down. A group of the Hufflepuffs who should have been in Herbology were indeed sitting at the back of the library, but they didn't seem to be working. 

Their heads were close together and they were having what looked like an absorbing conversation. They began walking towards them because the table was close to them, when something of what they were saying met their ears, and they paused to listen, somehow not getting caught or seen. 

"So anyway," a stout boy was saying, "I told Justin to hide up in our dormitory. I mean to say, if the Potter's marked him down as their next victim, it's best if he keeps a low profile for a while. Of course, Justin's been waiting for something like this to happen ever since he let slip to Potter he was Muggle-born. Justin actually told him he'd been down for Eton. That's not the kind of thing you bandy about with Slytherin's heir on the loose, is it?" 

"You definitely think it is Potter, then, Ernie?" said a girl with blonde pigtails anxiously.

"There is only one heir, that's why it said ' the heir of Slytherin so it's only one of them" a hufflepuff with blonde hair in plaits murmured 

"Hannah," said the stout boy solemnly, "They are both a Parselmouth. Everyone knows that's the mark of a Dark wizard. Have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself Serpenttongue." 

"Im just saying, there's no way its her, we've known her for two years and she's just about the sweetest person in the whole school" 

There was some heavy murmuring at this, and Ernie went on,"Remember what was written on the wall? Enemies of the Heir, Beware. both Potter's had some sort of run-in with Filch. Next thing we know, Filch's cat's attacked. That first year, Creevey, was annoying Harry at the Quidditch match, taking pictures of him while he was lying in the mud. Next thing we know — Creevey's been attacked." 

Kirra felt horrible as she listened to the words they were saying while Mattheo felt furious, and he had had enough so he stormed over to them, their heads lifted at the sound of large footsteps and fear instantly made its way onto all of their faces.