He Took Everything From Me

Kirra shivered slightly as the cool air passed through the thin fabric of the invisibility cloak. It was too risky to carry a lantern with her now with all of the teachers patrolling for Padfoot, so she had to rely on her plain eyesight, which thankfully had improved after her animagus transformation.

Finally, the short Hufflepuff student made it outside of the door of the Defense against the dark arts office, which was currently being occupied by her best friend, Remus John Lupin, whom she had not had on her first day, but she figured she may as well come and speak to him now incase it got a little bit awkward in their class tomorrow.

Kirra let out a small huff before reaching out from underneath the invisibility cloak and knocking on the cool wooden door. The sound of shuffling was heard momentarily from behind the door before light cracked through the gap and Remus pulled the door open all of the way. 

Kirra pulled the cloak from her body and Remus beamed widely down at her, and small tears welled in his eyes before he quickly wiped them away and stood to the side, welcoming the girl in, "Stripes, come on in before someone sees you." Remus quickly instructed

The girl grinned while nodding her head and walking past him into the office, she looked around the office, there was a large desk and towards the corner of the room was a grindylow. "Good to see you Professor Lupin." Kirra said with a teasing yet proud grin

Remus rolled his eyes, a huge grin tugging on his lips, but the grin suddenly disappeared, "I just can't believe that it's actually you, I thought that I was never going to see you again. When you died, it was hell for all of us Peter barely said a word after it; Marlene, Lily and Alice stayed up crying every night, I don't think they ever got a good night's sleep after it..."

Remus let out a small sigh and rocked slightly in his standing position, he stared at the ground, "James and I were absolutely heartbroken, he didn't smile much after that, and I didn't know what to do with my life-" Remus was close to breaking down "- I was so lost without you, all of us where... But Sirius... god he felt it the most, he locked himself in his room for most of the time after that, only coming out to go on missions with the order"

Kirra was feeling her heart break more and more as the seconds went on, as Remus told her the aftermath of her death. "He was never happy after that, he wasnt the same person, it was like when you died... he died too... he loved you, you know" Remus then quickly stuttered out "We all loved you.. but Sirius.. you were his world, you were attached to the hip ever since the two of you met on the train in our first year. Stripes and Snuffles... you never saw one without the other"

Both of them had tear pouring down their faces and he finally looked up at her once more, "I think that's what led him to do it you know... to betray the order" Kirras mood instantly changed after Remus' last sentence.

"Wait... you don't honestly think that Pads is the one who sold out Prongs and Lils?" She said in shock and Remus looked confused and also slightly frustrated.

"You can't do that anymore Emily, you can't just keep sticking up for him like back when we were in school. He betrayed us Em, he betrayed Lily and James, you can't seriously be defending him right now!" Remus scolded and she opened her mouth to make a Sirius/serious joke as a reflex but quickly shut it.

She opened her mouth once more, "Sirius wouldn't have done this, he would have rather of died than betray James and Lily. It was Peter" Kirra said and Remus rolled his eyes at her

"You can't be that stupid Emily! Peter is dead! Sirius killed him!" Remus tried to reason with her but she just kept shaking her head, she couldn't believe it, there was no way that Sirius, her Sirius, the person who she knew better than anyone else.

"You're wrong" she choked out, "The Sirius that I kn-"

"Yes but he isn't the same Sirius from school Emily, you must understand that... the war changed him" Remus continued to try and make her see reason, make her see that Sirius had betrayed them, but she was just as stubborn as she had ever been.

Kirra wiped the tears from her face and stood up tall, walking back over to the door, she swung it open and went to step out but she stopped in her tracks and then turned to look back at Remus who looked heartbroken as he looked at her with a pleading look on his face.

"Well it looks like the war changed you too" She whispered out, "Because the Remus I knew, was the smartest out of all of us and he would have been the first person to know that Sirius is innocent," Kirra choked out and then she walked out and shut the door behind her, she pulled her cloak back over her head and then began to walk back along the corridors.

Her head hurt as she felt anger course through her, how could Remus believe that Sirius was the one who did this? Before she died as Emily, she had voiced her concerns about Peter to James, Sirius and Remus, but all of them said he wasn't capable of it.

She walked along the cold corridors and finally was about to make her way to the Hufflepuff basement before something caught her eye while she was walking past a window. She had to blink a few times just to make sure that it wasn't just the fatigue getting to her, but sure enough, running outside near the whomping willow, was a large, black dog.

Her heartbeat raced rapidly in her chest and she ran to the closest secret passageway and tossed her cloak in there before quickly transforming into her animagus form and running as fast as she could to the whomping willow. She looked around, her head turning in different directions rapidly, trying to see the black dog again.

She felt her heart ache as she couldn't see him and just as she was about to go back she heard a deep voice speak up from behind her, "Long time no see love" she quickly turned around and there, sitting behind her was the large Black dog

Her breath caught in her throat and her small black tail wagged before she ran forwards and tackled the dog to the ground "pads!" she exclaimed happily and the two of them tackled each other playfully for a few minutes

But Sirius suddenly stopped, "It wasn't me. It was Peter I sw-"

"I know," She said quickly, "I figured it out pretty quickly, I knew you wouldn't have done something like that," she says quickly and the two of them begin to walk to the forest, "I can't seem to get Moony to believe me though"

Sirius let out a sigh as they trotted along the damp grass, "yes well if you remeber correctly, he seemed to think that I was the traitor back in the war"

A small grin tugged at her lips, "I also remember that you thought it was him" she said with a sigh, "I can't believe all of this happened, I remember just walking around the halls all day and getting into trouble, I never expected that this was all going to happen" she said with a frown, they made it into the woods and simultaneously, they changed back into their human forms

Sirius looked at her 13-year-old self with a sigh, the image of her 19-year-old self flashing through his mind before he pulled her roughly towards his body for a hug, she didn't care that he smelt or that he was dirty, she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

Finally, she had one Black brother back, her heartstrings tugged harshly in her chest as her mind switched to the younger Black brother, his beautiful grey eyes and curled brown hair, but then she began to think about Mattheo...

And no matter how much she loved Regulus, she had Mattheo now, and she loved him, she wasn't Emily Barnes anymore, she was Kirra Potter, the girl who fell in love with the son of the man who slaughtered her parents, who once two, was her lover.

"I don't think that Harry will believe me either just from me telling him that you are innocent, we will have to wait a while, and think of a plan, but right now, we need to avenge James and Lily, and we can start by killing the rat," Kirra said

"Strong words from the Hufflepuff princess" Sirius joked, even though he agreed with her plan 100%

"He took everything from me"