Chapter 1 For the worse

Chapter 1 for the worse

Kassie POV

"Girl hush up talking about I need a man, last time I check I was independent and I don't need any one especially a man. I can protect myself and fight for myself just fine." I said talking to my friend Kirssie. (Kirssie is kisses guys. You know from Kisses down low.)

"Okay fine you don't need one but it would be so nice if you had one. Then all of us could go on a double date but it wouldn't really be a double date because of all the friends we had." She said laughing. I rolled my eyes looking in the mirror. I don't need a man. I mean it's not like I'm ugly or anything. I've been told I'm far from ugly. With my light brown eyes black hair and coffee color skin. My body has curves in all the right places. When I go out with my girls. Everyone turns. I guess we're that beautiful. I love my girls including the crazy one I'm talking to right now.

"Kassie?? Kassie?????! Are you there? Girl answer me."

Oh she's still on the phone "What?!!!!!!!" I ask chuckling. I don't understand why she's talking to me. Isn't she supposed to be getting laid right now. By hunter.

"You need a man!" she says. Oh my gosh will she not drop this conversation. "Girl I got to go run, it's time for my run anyways." I said heading towards the front door to my apartment. "Kassie why do you run in the nights anyways? Bad things happen at night you know"  she asks.

"Cause I'm Black!!!!! & The sun is to much in the day time. Just kidding girl you know ever since we were young I loved the night." I said opening my front door and making sure I had my head phones. "Girl you know that's dangerous, but I know how you feel about running in the night so I'll let it slide, but lord I hear my man calling me. Unlike you I'm getting it tonight. Girl go run, bye love ya!" and just like she hung up.

"Yeah you love me and you and the girls will probably be the only ones that do." I said to myself while walking out the door. "Well time for my run." I put the headphones in my ear and turn to the song itty bitty piggy by Nicki minaji and headed outside my apartment building. I started jogging down the side walk. Half of my sisters are suddenly getting into relationships, I think about it a lot. They're my sisters, I grew up with them. Each one of us with a different back ground and story that helps us become the strong people we're today. We're a family.

Each one of us have a tattoo that says Ohana and the meaning of it with all our initials with it. The fact Kisses has me thinking, about the being alone thing. I started running so I could clear my mind. While I was running pass an ally, I heard a noise. It sounded like a scream I was going to keep running thinking it was my music that was too loud but something told me to go back, I had a strange feeling that something or someone needed my help. I started walking in the dark ally. I know I was in Emerald Street. I walk quietly not trying to make any noises "Someone help me!!!!! Help me please!" I started running towards the scream. Someone is getting hurt.

"Please stop! Please stop" the voice was a young girl voice. "Bitch shut the fuck up." Came from a grumpy deep voice. I see some bushes ahead I look from the bushes and see a man on top of a girl. He's raping her!!

"Hey get the fuck off her you freak!" I screamed.

The guy turned around and stared at me. "Please help me!" the girl said suddenly the guy took out a knife. "You see what you did Beth, you made that woman hear you. Time for you to die now." He said about to slice the girls no. "No stop him!!...." she screamed. But she didn't get the chance because just liked that he slick the girls neck.

"Oh my fucking God!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. I stared at the guy not being able to see his face because it was cover with a mask. I can't believe.....

The man suddenly got up and started walking towards me.

Fuck that shit. I started running as fast as I could. I hear him running behind me huffing. Someone should be around so I started screaming. "Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me some one Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" God please help me. Damn where is everyone.

Like come on now I live in Washington D.C there's got to be someone out there. I ran into these bushes trying to lose him, I heard him trip and I ran faster. I knew he would trip because of the bushes. I didn't care that the branches were scratching my skin. I didn't stop running. I saw a café/diner ahead I ran into it screaming "Somebody please help me!!!!!" I screamed. Everyone in the diner froze.  The waitress came up, an old lady. "Hun are you okay? Calm down. What happened? You have scratches all over you. Do you need to sit down?" she ask.

I looked at the lady like 'Lady if you don't fucking call the damn cops instead of asking all these questions.' "Please call 911." I would call 911 if I could simply stop shaking. The lady rushed to the phone and dialed 911. The lady got off the phone and says "They're on their way." She leads me to a booth in the back and told me that she was here. That I was safe.   I was shaking so badly by then. I'm not going to lie. I'm scared. I don't know what to do. Is he going to come after me? Oh god he saw my face. "Thank you" I said trying to smile knowing that it didn't come out right. "You're welcome sweetie pie. Do you need anything?" she ask.

I nodded I was thirsty "Can I get some water please?" As she was heading to go get me some water.  The diner door opened and a cop and a guy who's probably a detective walks in. I see the brightness of his badge reflecting. 'Shit that was fast, I was praying it wasn't like those scary movies when they come at the end when everyone is dead and shit.' I thought to myself.  The lady rushes to them and she seems to know. "Detective Princeton and officer Stabler, there's this young girl that has witness something. She's shaking up over there poor thing I already call 911." She said pointing at me. I was lost in my thoughts. He's going to kill me.

Oh my God what if he's a serial killer. I know he's going to remember me. God why didn't I just say home. Wait no... everything happens for a reason. If I had stayed home then no one would know what happened to that girl. Beth.. I'm sorry Beth. I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. But I'll get you justice. I promise. I was in my thoughts that I didn't notice the detective in front of me.

"Hello? Are you the young lady that has the emergency? What seems to be the problem ma'am.

I look up to the voice and my breath stop right in front of me was the most sexiest Man I ever seen. He look's a couples years older than me. He has blue eyes, brown hair he's sexy a.f why is he giving me a look. Why is he giving me this look??????? Oh my God I forgot to answer his question. Answer the sexy man question.

"I witnessed a rape and murder!" I said out loud. Everyone in the Diner/Café got quiet and looked at me. I saw his partner finished talking to the lady that called 911 for me and rushed towards me and the detective.

"Chris. There's been a raped and the body of the victim who was rape is on Emerald Street. Detective took one look at me and said the words that I couldn't believe he would say to me..... but I guess I needed to hear them.........

**************** Author Speaks**********

Okay how are you guys liking "To Love a Victim"? I love it! Well I love all my stories but still this book is awesome and you'll see why. I just wanted to say that Kirssie (Kisses will be mention a lot in this book. The whole Ohana crew will be. You'll see them soon. Because each girl will get a story, each girl from the Ohana crew J I will write another chapter but I'm very tired so I'll post more soon don't worry. Read my other stories though!

Ciao tata xoxoxoxoxo