Ch. 22 He won't take you

(Chris POV)

"What do you think they're talking about? Should we even let them be discussing things alone right now?" Dalton said with a worried expression as we both stared at the three ladies who were in deep conversation.

"I think it's best we let them speak, for now, it seems like Melanie is also in the conversation herself and saying things. I honestly can't believe she doesn't remember anything. Especially at a time like this." I said and Dalton had a sad look on his face as he nodded his head.

"To be honest, I don't know if this will make me sound like a bad person but right now I'm kind of glad she can't remember. What she and Tiara have gone through, fuck man. I don't want her to remember that. Just for this moment right here, I'm glad she can't remember but trust me when I say I want her to remember all the other things. I fucking miss her and right when I think I have her back I don't." He said and I felt for him.

I can't imagine what's he's going through.

"You'll get her back, Dalton. You know that right Buddy?" I said and he gave me a sad look but nodded his head anyway.

"She's Alive. That's a good thing, the memories we can get back and if we can't." He said letting out a sigh but having a sad smile on his face.

"Will make new ones." He said smiling towards Melanie.

I nodded my head, now wanting to find the prick more now than ever.

He's ruined so many lives with his fuck up, mind and he needed to be put down.

"We need to find him. he won't stop till we stop him." I said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sure right now Tiara is filling the girls in on what had happened to her, Melanie and the other girls that were trapped with them. You've read the reports and the Victim statements correct?" He asked me and I nodded.

When Kassie fell asleep, I stayed up to read the reports and Victim statements without her knowing.

"What do you think he's going to do?" I asked Dalton, I usually wouldn't ask a family member of Victims that question but Dalton was different. He's been through a lot.

"Tell me how Kassie Miller encountered him." He asked and I filled him in, he looked like he was deep in thoughts thinking of many things.

"The sicko wants Kassie, like how he took Melanie and Tiara," Dalton said with anger shown all over his face.

"He probably was going to take that other girl in but probably decided he didn't like her anymore, then Kassie came in while he was doing what he was doing to that girl and he saw a golden opportunity. He wants Kassie to be part of his collection." He said the last word in a sneer.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Each woman he takes, he claims that they're apart of his collection. He's stacking up on Victims." Dalton said and I froze.

"In the reports, it said there were Twelve other girls besides Melanie and Kimani that were kept in there," I said and Dalton nodded.

"Yeah, the fucker is looking for more. What makes me sick is that he seems to have a huge liking to Melanie and Tiara, he won't let them go. This is a trap." Dalton said and I didn't deny it.

"It most likely is a trap but we have the place surrounded by police officers, detectives, and agents. We're looking at the girls right now, they're safe." I said.

Dalton shook his head.

"I know what you're saying, I want to believe you but I am not taking my eyes off of Melanie or Tiara. I am protecting my wife and my sister in law with my life. You need to know Chris when they went missing, I worked that case more than the fucking Law Enforcement. I studied that sicko and I know for a fact he has a plan in that sick mind of his, this is a trap we just know how it's going to go down." He said and a shudder ran down my spine on how deep and anger his tone was.