CH. 63 I'll tell her

(Chris POV)

No one besides my family and my closest friends knew about my story, about what I've gone through or the things that have happened to me.

Like all my brothers and like all Kassie sisters, we all have gone through tragic events.

It's almost like the universe was connecting us with each other. Maybe the universe was, knowing that these are people who need to be with each other the most.

"Let's sit down," I said and I could tell that she noticed that the mood got serious because she nodded her head.

I lead her towards the table and had a seat next to her.

It was quiet between us for a while, maybe a couple of minutes. Maybe it was because I was trying to figure out a way on how to start or maybe I was nervous about telling her.

I felt my hand being taken and given a squeeze, I made eye contact with her as she gave me a soft smile.

"Have you ever heard of the Romanian Orphanage?" I asked her.

She nodded her head.

"Yes, I did research on it in University, It's horrible, those poor children had gone through so much. They've never been even treated like children, some of the orphanages even did more evil things such as using the kids as their form of entertainment." She said and I nodded my head slowly, letting her words settle in.

"Yes, most of the children don't even know basic human emotions, babies are never even given attention or cuddled, the babies even are supposed to feed themselves. They don't bother trying to feed the babies, which causes even more malnourishment and abuse. So when they are given a child who was different, different from all the other children in the orphanage, they test it out. To see how different the kid is or to do whatever test they wanted to run." I said in disgust.

Kassie's eyes widened, coming to realization.

"The orphanage was always overcrowded, the children always stacked on each other. I remember we were so skinny, all so skinny. We could see our ribcages. Food was always something we would end up fighting for, they realized that and took pleasure in it, so and others turn a blind eye on it. So they made us fight for food." I said.

"They would bet on us, who would win and who would continue fighting more. If we took on more competition, the higher the food would be. If we won all the competitions, we would actually get a bed, a better bed than the one we already had. We knew it was horrible, the way they treated us, but it was survival for us because if we didn't participate, we might not get the chance to eat. Sometimes we didn't even get a chance, sometimes we were just handpicked." I said.

"How did they do that?" Kassie asked me in a soft low voice.

"The ones who were handpicked would not get food, they would wonder why they weren't getting the small portion of food that they would give us. Later on, we would catch on, that they would observe us and choose who they would push to that limit. They did it to me." I said, remembering the day I realize it, that they decided to test.

"I was brought to the orphanage when I was five, my parents were homeless, so we lived on the streets., in tunnels or sewers. I knew we were different from everyone else. I always felt like my parents were hiding, because they would always change our locations when they felt something. As if someone was on to them, as someone was trying to get to them and I guess my thoughts were right." I said, recalling the memories.

Kassie squeezed my hand. I smiled softly appreciating the comfort.

"We were under the tunnels one day when my father came back from getting us food and he was bleeding. There was so much blood, that it surprised me he was able to even make it to where we were. He came to my mother saying that they found us. The look on my mother's face is something that I would never forget. Fear, anger, and sadness were found on her face, she was trying to stop the blood. We heard voices and my frighten mother turned to me and told me to run. I had refused, I wanted to stay with them. I couldn't understand what was going on, why was Papa bleeding. Who hurt him and why she was telling me to run." I said shaking my head.