CH. 61 Is he alive?

CH. 61 Is he alive?

(Kassie POV)

The fact that everyone that was with us wanted to come to the hospital, by everyone I meant all the victims. They wanted to be a support system for the kids.

It made me feel a little relief that the kids have a support system.

It makes me glad they did, we all waited outside the hospital room as the kids ran to their dad.

He was alive, he was going to be in the hospital for a while but he was alive and that's what matters.

I couldn't imagine what he was feeling right now, the fact that he might blame himself for putting his family in danger.

For falling for that evil woman, a bit of me was mad at the father.

How come he didn't notice, how could he let someone like that into his children's lives that?

Why did he let that happen? I knew that the anger I had regarding that was anger that I wanted to direct at my own father, anger that I didn't even know I had until now.

Anger that I was starting to feel guilty about, my father didn't know about this.

Just like these kids' father didn't know and all the other families this woman had caused damaged too.

A Doctor came out of the hospital room and her eyes widened when she saw us still leaning against the wall.

I was surprised they let it slide, especially with the amount of us that was leaning against the wall.

"It seems like the children happen to want all of you guys in the hospital room with them." The doctor said looking at all of us.

"Lucky, it's a big room so you all will be fine in there." She said opening the door for us.

We all walked in slowly, I felt Chris near me. Warmth filled me when I felt him give my hand a squeeze.

The father's hospital bed rose and his eyes widened as we all walked in.

There were tears on his cheeks and his eyes were red.

"Dad, these are all the people she's hurt." The little girl said and her father let more tears shed.

"I'm so sorry." He said hugging his daughter.

"It's okay, daddy." His son said wiping his tears away.

"It's okay, she's a monster who pries on people when they're lonely and vulnerable." The little girl said.

I'm sure it took us all off guard when she said that.

The fact that such a young girl was already seeing this, knowing that there are people out there who will pry on others like this was sad.

She was already dealing with this at such a young age.

The father looked up at all of us.

"Each one of you lost your dad's?" He asked.

A man answered.

"Each one of us got our fathers taken away from us by her and we all grew up without our only parent at that time, not in our lives. She targets single fathers and then leaves the kids orphans." The man said.

We watched the father lower his head.

"You shouldn't blame yourself, yes it's something that could have been prevented by not letting the woman into your lives or your children's lives but there was no way you could have known that." Someone said from the group and I watch the kid's father flinch.