CH. 70 I need a break

(Kassie POV)

I was still in the hospital when Chris told me he was on his way. I felt relief; having Chris near me always made me feel ease and relax.

It was like there was always a storm running inside of me, and I finally was able to see the sunshine or rainbow that came after the storm.

I never felt like I would ever come across someone who would make me feel anything like this, especially in the situation that I happened to find myself in.

You just never expect any of this to happen, I must admit that I never believed in any of this.

Finding someone who can make you feel that way is something that everyone should hold onto, I believe.

"Hello, everyone. How are you all feeling?" The Surgeon who operated on us came in.

She was a stunning black woman; I love seeing my ethnicity of women flourishing in different careers.

"I'm doing okay, thank you so much for asking. Did you operate on us?" I asked her.

"Oh, yes, I did. I'm Doctor Akila Corazon. I've removed the chip from each of you and made sure nothing would disturb you. Your neck will feel tense, and you all will feel a little soreness." She said.

"Thank you so much for doing that on short notice," Tiara said, and She smiled.

"It's okay really, Chris gave me a call, and I was already following up with the case, but I want to make sure you all are doing good well in a week, so I will call you all to ask so." She said, and my eyes widened, on her mentioning that she knew Chris.

"Thank you, Akila," Melanie said.

The Doctor smiled.

"It's no problem, Melanie, now you all enjoy your stay for the next couple hours. You will all be discharged today, as I'm sure you all are tired of the hospital." She said and laughed as we all nodded our heads in agreement that we all were.

"I'll go check on the others; please contact me whenever you need me. We'll be in touch." She said, giving us each a smile.

"Thank you." We all said. Smiling to her as well.

She left the room.

"Melanie, you know the Doctor?" Tiara asked.

"Yes, we both do actually," Dalton answered for Melanie.

"Small world," Tiara said.

Melanie laughed; the room seemed less tense now.

"She's pretty much in our circle, she's a good person, but oh, I'm glad we get to leave the hospital. " Melanie said.

"Oh yeah me too, It's just frustrating that we've been to them a lot," I said.

As soon as I finished my sentence, Chris came in.

He smiled softly as he saw me.

"How are you all feeling?" Chris asked us.

"Glad that the chip is out," Tiara said.

"Relieved that this is over," Melanie said.

"I need a vacation," I said, and everyone laughed.

"Yeah, I think we all need one right now," Tiara said.

"Agree," Melanie said, and Chris laughed as he walked up to me.

He pulled a chair next to my bed and sat down.