CH. 42 How do you know her

(Kassie POV)

We were in a cafe, sitting down with Derek Andrew who was looking at Tiara, Tiara, on the other hand, was talking to Melanie. I was looking at the door, waiting for the agent that Melanie felt like she knew to show up.

We had Derek find out who the agent was, he was also able to reach his contact information from a friend of his.

The man name special agent Xavier Bones, was the one Melanie felt like she knew.

The fact that he agreed on meeting us meant something right?

Why else would he agree to meet us then, unless he felt like something was going on or he thinks we know something.

Maybe he wants to come clean on something too.

Tiara turned her attention to Derek, her eyes widened when she realized that Derek was already staring at her.

Melanie and I stared at them, as they stared at each other.

Did something happen between them?

I look to Melanie and she glances at me giving me a look that had me know that she was thinking the same thing.

"Thank you for making this happen," Tiara said, Derek nodded his head.

"It's not a problem, I also want this to end also." He said.

"There he is," Melanie said, causing all our attention to shift towards the entrance of the cafe.

Special Agent Xavier Bones, walked in and saw us. He made his way towards us and locked eyes with Melanie.

Derek moved further into the booth, allowing him to sit.

"We want answers," I said as soon as he sat down, he turned his stare and looked at me.

"That's why you're here. You know things, things that we don't know." Tiara said.

"Melanie," Xavier said.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember anything. My memories were taken away from me when I woke up from the Coma." Melanie said softly.

Agent Xavier Bones eyes widened, he faced palmed himself and let out a groan.

"Fuck." He said, causing us to all look at him.

"Just please tell us what you know, I have a feeling I trusted you somehow," Melanie said, causing Agent Bones to lower his hand and look at her.

"We were working together." He said, catching our interest.

"Were you guys figuring out who the Killer was? You two found information on him?" I asked him, he nodded his head.

"Melanie was getting closer and closer in finding out the identity, we were working together on figuring out who it was, where he was keeping the others and how we could trap him." He said.

"How long did you guys work together?" I asked him, Melanie sat there quiet with a look on her face that I couldn't explain.

"two months after Melanie and Tiara returned." Agent Bones said.

Tiara eyes widened, taken aback. Most likely because of Melanie not telling her. Agent Bones must have caught that look because he quickly spoke.

"Melanie wanted to keep you safe." He said, making Tiara lower her eyes and let out a sigh.

"So what did you two find out?" I asked him, he looked around.

"Maybe it's best that we don't talk about that here but I can tell you all that Melanie and I were getting really close. I was afraid that something horrible was going to happen and then something horrible did happen. I want you all to know that I do not think that Melanie car crash was an accident. Especially if she had left me a voicemail before it happened. She said that she finally figured out who he was, that she got him and that I wouldn't believe who he was. Next thing I know I heard a crash and her phone call dropped." He said, looking at Melanie. Trying to see if she would be able to recall any of that.

Melanie stayed silent.

"So what you're telling me is that Melanie knows who he is?" Tiara asked Agent Bones nodded his head.

"Great, the only person who knows who this psychopath is, doesn't even have her memories. Well, this keeps getting better and better." Melanie said, letting out a sigh.

We all looked at her and could see the frustration that was being shown on her face. Of course, she was frustrated, who wouldn't be after finding out this information.

"I didn't give you a sign to who it could be?" Melanie asked Agent Bones.

"No, I have the voicemail still. I've backed it up ten times and never deleted it. I'll play it for you all, who knows. Maybe it will help." He said taking out his phone and placing it on the table.

He went on his voicemails and played a recording.

"Xavier, man you really should have picked up. I found out who it is Xavier, I can't believe it. You won't believe who it is, it's-" The voice cut off and with tires screeching leading into a crash.

We all stayed silent listening and then, the phone cut off.

"I think I cut off the phone," Melanie said, we all looked up her shock.

"Do you remember, something?" I asked her.

"I have a feeling that maybe it was me who ended the call quickly," Melanie said, deep in thoughts.

"Why, why would you do that?" Tiara asked.

Melanie looked up at us.

"So the person wouldn't know I was one the phone," Melanie said, causing our eyes to widen.

"It's definitely someone you know," I said, looking at agent's bones.

"The tone of Melanie's voice, telling you that you won't believe who it is. It's definitely someone that you know and someone that maybe you guys have encountered." I said looking at Melanie, Agent Bones, and Tiara.

"And the only fucking person who knows who the person is doesn't even have their damn memories," Melanie said talking about herself.

"Fuck." She said laughing with no humor found in her voice, I flinched at that.

"Melanie, we'll figure it out. Don't worry okay. This is something we will figure out together and won't let it destroy us. We are a team, a team he won't break down or destroy. Okay, I need you, girls, to know that." I said looking at Tiara and Melanie, they both looked at me nodding their heads.

"Okay." I turned around and looked at agent Bones.

"Where can we go so you can tell us everything you know because it's time we put an end to this, once and for all. We go after him first before he tries to come after us." I said with a determined toned.

I can tell that these next couple of chapters is where things will unravel and go down.

Hopefully, everyone will be okay, except for the psychopath.

Hopefully, we all make it out alright.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Well, it's time to get into the fighting back chapters.

Y'all ready? Some chapters we'll get graphic.

I love all my characters so much, hope you see their character developments. Just know Kassie is not going to back down, no matter what.

Stay tuned, for the roller coaster chapters.

-Kassandra Vivu