CH. 66 Things are happening

(Chris POV)

Kassie was officially all move in; it was something that we wanted to rush the process of, so it only took us a couple of days to have all of her things move in.

I was very excited about it; it was a massive step for us.

We are a couple, but now we are a couple who lives together.

"Wow, you're smiling in the kitchen right now," Kassie said, coming into the kitchen.

"Hello there, beautiful," I said, kissing her on the cheek.

She just came back from hanging out with Melanie, Tiara, and her sisters, plus other women her sisters have become friends with as well. I imagine a group of women gathered around and hanging together, held the interest of people just walking by. I'm sure of it.

"Hi, there, Handsome. What are you cooking up in here, it smells delicious." She said, smiling at me.

"Mmm, just some oven-baked, pasta, broccoli, and potatoes," I told her and her eyes.

"Mmm, that all sounds super good. Can't wait to eat." She said she came up to me and hugged me.

"Just letting you know that I am enjoying every moment of this, you and I together with no worries right now, no one from our past hurting us, also no evil sociopath as well. I'm scared to admit that I didn't think this would happen for us." She said.

I heard the honesty in her voice and knew that she was serious about what she said.

"I am so happy to baby, delighted," I said, wrapping my arms.

"I'm never letting you go, baby. I love you." I said.

"Good because I love you too." She said, making my heart leap.

"So, I thought after the other case gets dealt with. You know, you and I can take a vacation." She said, and I nodded because this was something that we have spoken about before, us taking a vacation.

She had no idea that I already had it planned that we were going somewhere amazing.

That I had planned the trip as a surprise, she was going.

"We do need that. The last day of trial is tomorrow regarding that woman." I said.

She nodded her head.

"Yes, I can't wait for her to get a sentence; she needs to rot in prison," Kassie said, I nodded my head, agreeing with her and going to grab the plates with the other utensils.

"I like we take turns to cook for each other; it'll be great in the future as well. With more plates being set on the table." She said.

My eyes widened as I turned to look at her, trying to see what she meant by that.

I guessed what she was referring to, but I just wanted to make sure.

"Do you mean kids? I know we briefly spoke about it." I said, testing the words.

She smiled.

"Yes, kids." She said, making me smile.

"Family game night sounds nice as well," I said, putting the plates on the table.

I placed the utensils as well.

"Family movie night, a family going out night. They all sound great." She said, and I laugh.

"Yeah, those four kids are going to have so much fun," I said.

This time it was her turn for her eyes to widen.