Chapter 12 My Plan

Chapter 12 My plan

(Kassie POV)

I laid in bed, I was awake, yes I was awake but I still had my eyes close. I didn't want to open my eyes because just for a while I wanted to feel that everything was okay, that everything would be okay.

But everything wasn't okay, everything was far from okay.

One other reason why I didn't want to move was that my head was laying on Chris's chest.

I heard the sound of his heart beating and for some reason, it sounded like music to my ears, calm music that I needed to hear this very moment.

I think that was one of the reasons why I didn't want to move.

"Are you awake?" I heard Chris ask me, I wanted to still pretend I was sleeping but I knew I couldn't. I knew I couldn't pretend I was asleep, knowing this man had a life to live and especially a killer to stop, will a killer for us to stop.

"Yes," I said raising my head from his chest to look at him. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to have my head on your chest. It just happened."

I said staring into his eyes, seeing how beautiful his eyes were. Pull yourself together Kassie. You can't fall for this man, he's only with you right now because it is his job and these thoughts running through your head isn't helping especially since there's a serial killer out there who isn't afraid of kidnapping his victims and keeping them for how long as he wants.

"It's fine, trust me. I didn't mind it at all whats so ever." Chris said, I scrunched up my nose when I realize that I probably had the worse morning breath ever. I quickly got off the bed and rushed to the bathroom.

"Kassie, you okay? Is my morning breath that bad?" He asked and I let out a laugh.

"No. but mine is." I saw that there was a brand new toothbrush in its package so I took it out.

I heard footsteps already knowing that they belong to Chris.

"I'm going to have to go to work today. I would ask if you would want to come with me and all. But I don't think you need that kind of stress. You've been through enough." He said

I looked at him closely and noticed that there was concern in his eyes.

I nodded my head, letting him know I understood what he was saying.

"Go ahead and take a shower. I'll use the other bathroom and get breakfast ready." He said giving me one last look before he walked away closing the door right behind him.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

I can't let this murderer win. No, I'm not going to.

He wants to target people torture them and kill them.

Well, now it's time for him to feel what he's been doing.

Let see how he likes his own game.

I got in the shower and let the waterfall on me, not even giving a damn about my hair getting wet.

I need to figure this murderer out, I need to figure out everything that runs through that criminal's mind.

If I don't, more people are going to die. He made it clear that he wanted me, that's a clue.

That can help me more with his personality.

That evil personality he has.

I notice that there were shower gels in the shower, they were the kind I used. Herbal essence.