Ch. 21 Let's be strong

(Kassie POV)

People say things happen for a reason, some people believe certain things happen because we're meant to cope with them. That we're able to get through them, I was one of those people that hated hearing that.

After everything my sisters and I have been through, the last thing I should hear is that 'things happen for a reason'.

When people say such things, it makes me want to scream at them and ask. 'What's the reason then? You say things happen for a reason so spare me the reason on why these things happen us? Why we have been through so many things like this. Like Kirssie, Anastasia, Serena, Olivia, Bella, Tara, India, Grace, Stella, Esmeralda, Egypt, and I. We're all sisters that have been brought together by a certain conflict, why did those things happen to us.

Even now we were all going through things.

I turned my head and looked at Chris, he was asleep.

After the discussion we had yesterday, I supposed I fell asleep and we didn't get the chance to finish what we started but something told me that he would want to finish it.

I tried to hold back a smile but let out a sigh.

I was angry about the certain things that have occurred, even it led me to meet Chris. I can't just can't stop myself from thinking if I didn't end up going for a run during the night. That I would have still had the things that he took from me.

'Things happen for a reason.' The words ran through my mind again and I shook the thoughts away.

This monster that was playing a game with me has a motive, I just don't know what the motive is yet. I needed to figure it out, I for one can't handle more people dying because of him... Because of me.

My mind went back to what to what Chris said about the two sisters, I'm sure that they've already have got wind of me and also about the meeting between us that's going to happen in a couple of hours.

Were they scared? They probably were, I can't blame them because of what they've probably have gone through but Chris mentioned that one of them just woke up from a Coma.

Gosh, just waking up from a Coma and already encountering things like this.

Her family can't catch a damn break, sadly I could understand how they're probably feeling right now.

I felt fingers brushing my face and I turned to stare at Chris, whose eyes were open and were staring at me.

"Many thoughts are running through your head, beautiful, don't stress yourself with those thoughts. You're no longer alone, so you can share them with me you know?" He said pulling me closer to him and wrapping his arm around me.

"I just don't want no one else getting hurt or killed because of this," I said and I felt his arm tighten around me.

"I know sweetie, I understand what you mean." He said and I let out a sigh.

"Do you know what time that we have to go in?" I asked him, I made eye contact with him and I saw the wariness in his eyes.

I didn't want him to feel like that.

"I know you'll be there to protect my knight and shining armor," I said and he let out a chuckle.

"You got that right, we need to be there by 8:00." He said I glance at the alarm clock on the nightstand noticing that it just turned 7:00.

"We should probably get ready right now then," I said but I suddenly felt kisses on my neck.

"Just a couple more minutes." He said trailing kisses down my neck.