CH. 48 It's starting

(Kassie POV)

We entered the FBI and building and were being escorted to the unit floor that was handling our case.

The Elevator ride was a quiet one, no one spoke. Not even the agent who was escorting us, I was grateful that it was Agent Bones that was bringing us to.

No one said anything in the elevator, I pretend to glance at Melanie but what I really was pretending that I didn't notice was the cameras that were in the elevator.

Of course, the FBI headquarters will have cameras everywhere, including the elevator. Most places have cameras in elevators, for security purposes, and for safety reasons.

The elevator dinged, stopping on the floor and the elevators doors opened, my eyes widened when I noticed that everyone on the floor turned to look at us.

"Well, I supposed to say that they weren't expecting us would be a lie," Tiara said.

Agent Bones let out a breath, turned to us and spoke.

"The Director made an announcement that you all were coming when you all were downstairs." Agent Bones said.

"Well, that wasn't very smart of the Director now was it," Tiara said.

"It could play in our favor," I said. Paying attention to the faces of the people who were looking at us or taking glances at us.

"Here we go then." Agent Bones said, walking out of the elevator. We all followed him.

A approached us.

"Hello everyone, I am Director Jones. Thank you so much for coming in today." The director said, shaking each of our hands. I watch Tiara shake his hand and give him an analyzing stare.

"Unfortunately we can't say that meeting you right now is nice, which I am sure you're aware and up to understanding why we are here," I said, no sweetness found to my voice.

He nodded his head with an understanding look found on his face.

"There are no words I can say that will excuse the behaviors of what had happened and what has caused this to not get the alert and attention it needed to get but we are working extremely hard on it right now, we will find out who's behind all of this." The Director said in a serious tone.

"I'm sure it's a slap to your face that the one behind all of this works with all of you, it's honestly crime being committed in your own house and you're unable to figure out who's doing it," Tiara said.

"Tiara," Melanie said, but her sister shrugged her shoulders.

"It's the truth, we all are thinking it and he knows it." She said staring at him.

Tiara had a point and getting to know her has shown me that she is not the one known for sugar coating anything.

This is something that is a good thing to have, especially with the situation we all have happened to have found ourselves in, she definitely wasn't going to back down to anything and neither will the rest of us.

The director turned to look at Tiara again.

"I understand your frustration but I very much well want to help." He said.

I ket out a sigh.

"We have some information that you're going to want to know," I said, changing the direction of the conversation, I wanted the conversation to go where I wanted it to go and where I needed it to go.