CH. 65 Guilty, Justice Served

CH. 65 Guilty, justice served.

(Kassie POV)

"Has the jury reached a verdict?" The Judge asked behind the Judge's stand.

It's been two months, the trial of the psychopath and that devil of a woman started around the same time.

I've been going to two different trails, the fact that the trails were being held on the same floor was convenient.

Chris was to my right, Melanie, Tiara, Dalton, Derek & Agent Bones were to my left.

My sisters, all of them were behind us in the next row.

Their support with attending the trials, being there for me, even with everything going on in their own life, meant everything to me.

I honestly felt stronger with them here.

We were a group of people who have gone through so much together and apart.

Knowing that they were here for me, even though they couldn't be here for me physically at all times. They were here for me in other ways as well.

Chris brothers were here as well.

The past two months have been a month of healing; the courtroom was filled with people who were waiting for the scumbag to be found guilty.

No wonder cases like this were given the biggest courtrooms. The number of people here

The prosecutor that took the case was able to get help from my defense attorney sister. Aimee Deangelo was a fantastic prosecutor; she left me speechless with the way she took control of the courtroom and led the courtroom. Even my sister Anastasia was impressed.

"We the jury, in the case of The State of _____________ versus _______________, find the defendant guilty of the charge of multiple counts of first-degree murder, endless counts of abduction, using government equipment-" The juror continued talking about I shut her out.

I felt Tiara squeezing my hand. I looked to her and found tears falling from her eyes as she and Melanie continued to stare at the juror.

I felt Chris squeezed my other hand and could feel a kiss being place on my forehead.

He was found guilty.

On all charges of everything, he's done.

He is going to prison.

"Thank you; you may be seated." The Judge said.

He turned to look at the scumbag who was on the defense side.

"I've had many disgusting creatures cross this courtroom who have done several horrible things, and you're on the top list of the ones who have. If it weren't for rights, a trial wouldn't need to happen because before you sat down. The world knew you were guilty; the pain you have brought to others will come and destroy you at the end. All the charges brought against you are now active, I sentence you to death row." The judge said, striking his gavel.

The courtroom erupted in different phases of emotions as each person impacted with this release the feelings they held in.

The other women's families were there with them, as well.

I looked around the courtroom, catching everyone's reaction.

The people needed this.

I needed this.

These women needed this.

"He's guilty," Melanie said, sobbing.

"He's guilty." She said as she continued to sob.

Her husband, Dalton, pulled him into his arms, and I could see the tears coming from his eyes as well.

It took us a while to even be able to get up from our seats with the number of emotions we felt that very moment.

When we did, we got up together—comforting ourselves.

I was comforted by my sisters, as well as Chris brothers.

I also met up with the other women's families and them.

What took a toll on me was meeting with the family members of the people he killed and blamed me for their deaths.

I still felt guilty.

As if I could have prevented their deaths, and maybe I could have to some.

The way they all told me it wasn't my fault that they didn't blame me for any of the things that happened.

They reminded me that I was a victim, as well to this evil person doings.

Having them tell me that just lifted something off my chest, I didn't know how guilty I felt regarding those things till now.

I felt the tears fall, and I sobbed right there.

Feeling this way, was something that bothered me; it was the other thing that bothered me besides not getting justice fast enough against that woman.

I needed this right now.

After all the sobs, the hugs and the words of encouragement.

We were in the lobby of the courtroom, and I could see the line of reporters outside the courtroom.

Waiting to get the juicy details regarding the scumbag serial killer and abductor story from the people affected themselves.

"Why are there so many of them? Ben isn't exactly like this, right?" I asked. Laughs came from my sisters.

"No, besides, Ben already has released his story on us, but all these reporters and journalists want a scope on the stories of how the people affected feel with the guilty verdict." My sister, Olivia, said.

"Well, I'm not going to deal with them," I said.

Neither will we; we already gave our stories to Ben. We are done." Melanie said.

Ben was one someone who my sisters and I had met when we were in our foster home, we lost contact with him, but we did care for him. He was under the impression that no one cared for him, but reuniting with him as adults had us reminding him that we did, and we still do.

"We can go the back way, leave it to the people who want to answer to talk to them," Chris said.

"We have to make sure they don't follow us or think of that as well," I said.

"I'll just go talk to them on your behalfs if you all are fine with that," Ben said, walking up to us.

"Okay," I said, nodding my head.

"See you later," I said to him.

I turned around and walked away, Chris walking next to me.

I just needed to get out and breathe.

One trial was ended, and the last day for the other trail is in two days.

I'll finally be able to breathe and find inner peace.

I'll be able to have the doors to my horrible past shut, with them having closures of not being open unless I want to discuss them.

Most importantly, I got justice for me as a woman. We got justice, and now in two days, I'll get justice for the young girl version of me and justice for my dad.

I can't wait to close that chapter and to be at ease finally.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

What do you Dolls think will happen to the freak in prison?

This story is almost done, and I can't wait to edit it, fix the chapters up, and rewrite some sentences that need to be rewritten for you all.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu