Ch. 14 Only one winner

Chapter 14 only one winner

Kassie POV

I was in a room, with a man that was going to die if he didn't get the help he needs.

"Stay with me," I say to him, seeing that he was unconscious but still breathing.

I had to stop the bleeding, I look down at his wounds and saw how many he had.

I quickly place his head down softly and rushed towards the closet to find something to stop the bleeding. Anything would help right now. I notice a couple of scarves and I grab those to tie around his womb so I can stop the bleeding which is exactly what I did.

Where was Chris? I asked myself knowing I didn't even know the answer.

I had to do something, I had to fight back. I couldn't just let him do this.

He was practically holding us, hostage.

I look at the police officer who was lying on the floor.

I had to do this for him, I couldn't let this monster take away any more people life.

I move the police officer body in the closet and made sure he was fine.

I walked towards the door and open it, looking at my surroundings. I could barely see anything in the dark and I wasn't going to turn on my flashlight on my iPhone which would basically let the killer know that I was out the room.

I closed the door lightly and made my way to the hallway.

I let my ears do the most work, I tried to see if I could hear this monster but I heard nothing and that was the scariest sound of all.

Not knowing where this person was and what he was going to do next started to bring fear to my body but I had to be brave.

The man who was lying in the closet needed me to be brave.

I felt my surroundings and started making my way downstairs and that's when I heard a strange sound.

I wasn't going to scream out "Who is it!" only an idiot would do that.

I begin walking more quieter, not making a noise.

I walked down the stairs and stop at the last step to see if I would hear anything.

Noises were coming from Chris office.

I became alert that he was in Chris office, I rushed towards the kitchen and grabbed the flower vase.

If I opened the draw and tried to look for a knife he might hear it.

I walked towards Chris office. The door was open and I saw him inside the office going through things.

His back was facing me.

I quietly made my way towards him so I can hit him with the vase.

He wanted to play this little game, I'll play with him but there will be one winner and that winner would be me.

As I made my way towards him, I saw a mark on his body.

It was a tattoo. I froze, I've seen that tattoo before....

Where have I seen this tattoo before and on who?

I got lost in my thoughts and it was too late because he turned around to face me with the mask on his face.

"Looking for your next victim? or trying to see if I figured out who you were yet?" I asked him, I actually had no idea who he was yet but I wanted him to think I did.