CH. 49 This is the team?

(Kassie POV)

When we were brought to the team, they were all sitting next to each other.

These were some of the men I saw at the hospital.

"It's nice to see you, ladies, again." One of the men said, shaking our hands. I remembered him from the hospital. He was the one who came to our room to speak to us.

"I'm sure you remember us." The other agent said.

"I'm sure you remember us too," Tiara said.

The agent who was expressionless from our first encounter spoke.

"Of course, it would be hard to forget you, Miss." He said, causing Tiara to raise a brow.

At any other time, I would have let out a giggle at that but it was laughing matter right now.

"Do you guys have any lead on the case?" Melanie asked.

From the look on the faces of the agents, the question Melanie just asked was answered.

"Wow, how groovy is that," Tiara said sarcastically.

"We've all been working extremely hard on it, we have every hand on deck including our technical analysis, we are working hard to get this person." The Director said.

"It's not like we don't believe you, but I'm sure you'll have an understanding of how we are feeling with all of this that has been going on. It has gone too far with everything that has happened, he not only has killed people but he has people held captive and none of you are even able to figure out who it is. This is someone who is under the same roof as you all, doesn't that cause your skin to crawl?" I asked, making eye contact with the director.

"He's targeted someone in the team family already I assumed also," Tiara said the room fell silent.

They didn't know that agent Bones had told us that, it goes beyond me why the Director thought that not telling anyone outside of the team that one of his agent's sister is a victim of the suspect.

The truth is, I could see why he didn't want it to be known to the public.

It would show even they don't have control of the case, that the suspect was even taking a family member of one of the agents.

"It's only going to get worse and the public is going to find about it sooner or later, don't know if you guys have check out the blogs lately but they're talking and blogs like to dig into the truth," Tiara said.

The director's eyes widened.

"Let's introduce you all to the technical analysis." The Director said, trying to change the tension.

I paid close attention to the members of the team, each of them had spoken to us and shook our hands. I don't know why but none of them just gave me that feeling.

Also, I noticed Agent Bones' mood with them, he trusted his team. This was probably a team that has gone through a lot together.

"You mind if we stay behind and continue talking to the agents?" Dalton asked. Melanie raised a brow to that but the Director nodded his head.

"That's fine." The Director said.

"I still want to meet the Technical Analysis, we'll make it quick," I said.

"I'll go with you girls." Officer Derek Andrew said.

I nodded my head but was wondering why Dalton and Chris wanted to stay behind and talk to the agents.