Chapter 10 Why Her?

Chapter 10 Why her?

Chris POV

As she got up and went to the restrooms, I sat there and stared at her retreating body.

There was no lie going through my head, I was attractive to Kassie. But I had to stop myself, she was a witness and I was protecting her, but for some reason every time I try to make myself stop it doesn't work out.

I sat here waiting for her, so this is how long woman take in the restroom, she's been in there for a while now. I look up near the restroom and didn't see anything out of the ordinary but I had a feeling something wasn't right. I look down at my phone and texted Chad to see if anything came up on our case. I needed to find this Maniac, he would not stop until we catch him....

Or until he is dead. Deep in my stomach I knew what he was planning on doing, he was planning on killing many he can and he plans on blaming it on Kassie. Hoping that she would come and try to stop him. My stomach turned at the thought of him getting his hand on Kassie, I would never let that happened. "Help!!!!! Some body Help!!!!!!!!!!" I looked up to a girl was running towards the area where I was sitting screaming, I got up to head towards her. I noticed people were trying to calm her down but she had tears in her eyes and was having an anxiety attack.

"What seems to be the problem?" I said taking out my badge and walking towards the girl "What's wrong, what happened?" she started shaking and having hard time to breathe. "Look at me, hey look at me. Breathe in and out. In and out okay?" She nodded her head and did exactly what I said.

She calmed down and was breathing easily now. "What's your name?" I asked her. "Stacy" she said still doing what I told her to, as she begin to relax she looked aware now to why she was screaming in the first place. "Oh my God, Please help!!!! I went in the restroom and she was lying on the floor with blood everywhere!!!!!! There was so much blood! Please help!"

I froze, Kassie is in the bathroom. I pushed myself through the crowd that surround us and ran, I ran towards the restrooms pushing people out my way. Oh God Kassie please be okay, Please be okay. When I headed there I saw a crowd around the restroom already. My body wouldn't calm down till I reach her, Kassie please be okay. "Excuse me! Excuse me!" I said pushing people out my way

"Oh God Kassie." I said relieved when I saw her not harm but when I saw the look in her eyes as she stared at me and the blood that was on her. My heart fell, she looked broken. "Chris it's my entire fault. I wasn't able to stop him!" I rushed towards her and pulled her in my arms. I felt her shaking my arms and heard her cries, my heart clenched. "He killed her Chris, he killed an innocent person who did nothing wrong. Because of me! H killed her because of me." She said crying on my shoulders, I heard people murmuring behind us probably wondering why was she was saying all these things.

I started rubbing her back and rocking her back and forth. I didn't want her to think it was her fault when it truly wasn't. It wasn't her fault at all, but I knew she would blame herself and that was his plan. I felt sick knowing that he was so near her and I didn't know and I couldn't stop him. I refused to let that happen again. "Kassie." I said pulling her up with me.

She seems to notice everyone that was around her now. "Please back away from the restroom, please back away!" Kassie look at the dead body on the floor and cringed. I quickly moved her head away and made her looked at me. Pulling her so I can block her site with my chest. "Chris, Kassie. My God." I looked back to see Chad looking at the body, I felt Kassie look from my chest and glance down to see her staring at Chad, more tears were coming out her eyes. "Back away people, Back away." Derek said looking back at us.