Chapter 6 She has secrets

Chapter 6 she has secrets

Detective Chris Princeton POV

As I was faced away from Kassie. While she was unlocking her safe. I realized that this woman had secrets. Secret's that she was scared to tell anyone, secrets that she wasn't ready to let anyone know outside of her head. "You can turn around now Detective Princeton and thanks." I turned around and made eye contact with her so she could know I meant my words. "No problem."

I completely understood everyone has secrets. Everyone has something that they are not comfortable letting out. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds. She suddenly shook her head; I wonder what she was thinking. "These are my important stuff. Everything I need in here is important to me." She said grabbing a bag out of the safe and putting all the stuff in it. "That's why you ran to it, I understand." I said to her I couldn't make out what they were, I could make out that there was file among them.

 She grabbed the file and it fell out her hand. She was shaking still, she was trying to be brave but she still had fear in her eyes. I walked towards her and bend down to retrieve the file. Her hand landed on mine and I look up into her eye that's when I saw the fear that she let out. She's letting me see that she's scared. "I'm sorry I'm dropping stuff..... just this is .. ugh" she said still shaking not being able to let out her words. While she was getting up I got up also and handed her files to her. Not bothering to look at the file because I respected her privacy. "It's okay; anyone would feel that if they were in your position." I told her.

It look like she was about to say something but I heard the door open and Chad came rushing in towards us with my squad members. "Chris! Kassie are you guy's okay." I was about to answer him but Kassie beat me too it. "Depends on the meaning of okay. He knows where I live Stabler, he's going to kill me sooner or later." She said grabbing the bag and throwing it over her shoulder, closing the safe. I looked at her and she turned around with this cold look on her face, my breath stop. This is not the look I saw a couple minutes ago but why does it feel like this look has been on her face before.

"I'm assuming I shouldn't go in my room and pack my stuff after all, because it seems like he touched all of them and you guys might want to look at it and see if he left any evidence or finger prints. I'll be going in the kitchen to grab my box of teas" she said walking away from where I and Chad stood. I noticed her body, I don't know why I was just realizing it but the way her body look had me wanting her, I admit that I do feel attracted towards her. I know that Kassie is a very beautiful woman, but she would never be interested in a man like me. Not that I would go any further with it. "Excuse me boys" She said walking between Derek, Omar, Justin and David. Oscar was walking right behind her like the proud kitten he was of having an owner who look like that. She made her way towards the kitchen and the guys started walking towards me. "What took you guys so long?" I ask them. "Something happen Chris." Chad said in a quiet voice looking back to see if Kassie was in hearing distance.

"There was another body." David said coming closer and also looking back. "What happened?" I asked trying to figure out what was going on and why were they looking back. I knew this had to deal with the case. "The killer strike again" Omar said shaking his head. "He left a note and it looks like the girl blood was drained out her body." Justin said staring at me I froze.  I look at him and said "He left a note on top of Kassie bed headboard and it was in written in blood. It could have been..." "The girl he killed blood, but the note he left is something you're going to want hear. That's why we keep making sure that Kassie isn't listening." Derek says. "What did it say." I ask feeling the anger rushed into my body "He said 'You're the reason why she's dead.' He's blaming Kassie for the death of the girl." Justin replied. I stood still; this sick bastard is going to blame Kassie for the death of this girl. In the position she is in right now it will affect her.

"We have to protect her Chris." Chad said looking at me. "I'm going to protect her no matter what; he's doing this because he wants her. He's blaming the death of this girl so she can surrender but he won't get to her. I'll protect her no matter what." I said.  "We're going to check out her bedroom." Derek said walking away with Omar.  I looked at each of my teammates and they nodded understanding what my look meant, it was serious time. I turned to look at Justin, Justin look like he was going to say something but we heard Oscar meowing in a fear voice. We heard cabinet's doors being slammed and Then Kassie voice came out screaming "NO! NO! NO!"

We all rushed in the kitchen to find Kassie throwing plates at the cabinets. Plates after plates were thrown. Chad walked forward with his arms up "Kassie! Kassie calm down." She stopped and faced us. All of us must have a different face expression on especially me. I was shock to see Kassie like this; I never ever want to see her like this again. She turned around and look like she was getting ready to throw more plates but I rushed behind her and grabbed her arm. Bringing them down with me and holding her from behind, I wanted her to feel and know that I will protect her. That she doesn't have to be scared. "Kassie what happened? Why are you breaking things?" I ask her. She walked away from my arms and put the plates on her counter.

She turned around and grabs a note on the floor. That bastard left her a note. She got up and handed the note to me. "I found this near my tea boxes. Tell me detective Princeton. Still think you can protect me?" she asks sparing me a glance and walked away. I wanted to go after her, but I knew she needed space. I read the note and stood still. "What does it say Chris?" Chad asked. "I took something special from you." I read out loud.

"What did he take? She said she found it by her tea box, how can that be something special. Did he take something else she doesn't know about?" Justin asked having a confused look on his face.  We heard the bathroom door being slam opened and we ran towards it, we heard Kassie throwing up. "Guys let's give her some space." I said walking away from the bathroom with the boy's right behind me.

"He's playing with her." Omar said and we all nodded.

"This is all a game to him." Chad said.

"Yea but the question is, will he kill again and blame her for the cause?" Derek asked.

"I don't know but what I do know is, if we tell her this. It will damage her. We can't tell her. She is in witness protection program technically. We might have to keep stuff from her." I said looking at my team members. We all nodded. This is for the best. We heard footsteps walking towards us and we all left are trail of thoughts looking up to see Kassie with a cold look. Her voice came out in a rasp scary tone when she ask us that one question we hope she wouldn't "Who's blood was on top of my headboard?"

****************** Kassandra speaks************

Oh no. Well we know Kassie has secrets, but now we just got to see Detective Chris POV. Now we know how he feels about Kassie.

He wants to protect her, but Kassie seems to think he can't. But how far will Chris go just to show her he can?

Let's see what happens on the next chapter.

Like/Vote and comments.

Thanks for reading loves ;)