CH. 45 I need you safe

(Kassie POV)

I waited in front of the window, watching to see when Chris would pull up.

I was still on the phone with him, making sure that he was getting there safe.

"I'll let you know when I pull up to the house," Chris said.

"Oh, I'll know when you get here since I am staring out the window," I said, in a serious tone.

I instantly heard Chris let out a snort of laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked him, raising a brow on why he was laughing.

"I just think it's cute how you're worried about my well being that's all." He said, causing me to playfully roll my eyes at him.

"Of course I am worried about your well being, I care about you and it doesn't help that the psychopath that's a serial killer was tailing you, I need you safe." I said.

"I know Kassie, you have every right to be worried but I am home now." He said I watched as his car pulled through the now open gates.

I watched as the gates closed behind him, I let out a breath of relief when he heads towards the garage.

I made my way towards the garage, opening the door and watching as Chris put his car in park.

He smiled at me as he got out and I walked quickly towards him, wrapping my arms around him and just hugging him.

What I had spoken to the girls about the serial killer harming people that we cared for had bothered me.

I don't want anything to happen to Chris.

"Hey, I'm alright. I'm right here with you." He said, rubbing my back.

"Thanks for getting home safe," I said to him in a soft voice.

"Oh, Baby, I'll always come home safe to you." He said. I could hear the honesty in his voice.

"Come inside," I said.

"Okay, help me with the groceries." He said.

I nodded my head, helped him with taking the groceries out and we walked inside the house, closing and locking the garage door.

I placed the groceries on the kitchen counter.

"Mmm. Smells good in here, you started cooking." He said.

I nodded my head, started putting the items away.

"Yes I did, but I did lower the volume because I was waiting for you while I was looking out the window," I said.

"Look at how the tables have turned," Chris said, I turned around with a raised eyebrow.

It took me a while to understood what he meant, and when I did. I just eventually cracked a smile.

"You're saying this is how you felt about me?" I said smiling at him.

"Yes, Of course. The worry you're feeling right now is what I have been feeling, especially with those plans of yours." He said, causing me to nod my head. Agreeing to what he said.

I could understand why my plans caused him to worry, especially since I come up with plans out of nowhere sometimes. Some of my plans are actually well thought out though.

"Would you like me to help with dinner?" He asked me, I tilted my head as if I was thinking about it but I already had my answer.

"No, it's fine. I got this. Just sit back and relax." I said, recalling times where Chris has done the cooking.

"You sure?" He asked me, I nodded my head letting him know that I was sure.

He gave me a smile, kissing my forehead.

"Okay, well. If you don't mind, I'll just sit at the table and work on my laptop while you're cooking." He said walking towards the kitchen table.

"Awww, you like being in the same room as me," I said teasing him.

He looked up at me with a serious facial expression.

"I love being in the same room as you." He said causing my eyes to widen.

I smiled softly at him, turning around to continue cooking.

I decided to make dessert tonight also, I went with making a chocolate lava cake.

When the food was all done, the dessert needed 20 minutes to be done which would give Chris and I time to eat.

I placed dinner on the table, with some passion juice and silverware.

"The food looks amazing," Chris said, looking at it.

I smiled.

"Thank you," I said sitting down.

"So, care to tell me about your day?" Chris asked me, I told him about the day and caught him on with everything that happened.

I watched as his eyes widened, when I told him about the place Melanie would meet the agent, the fact that Melanie knew who the psychopath was but because she lost her memory she was unable to tell us.

"So she found out who he was, he knew she found out and maybe that's what caused her accident," Chris said and I nodded my head.

"The thing is, was he trying to just get to her or actually trying to kill her?" I asked.

Chris let out a sigh.

"Who knows with that psychopath, I can't wait till he's found." He said, there was a scary tone to his voice that alerted me.

I've never heard Chris like that.

"Yeah I know, I can't wait till he's found also. Is there something bothering you?" I asked him, curious.

"It's just scary how someone can hide their track this well, also to be working for the government, which just proves that there quite a bit of crooked people working for the government which gives the good people in that field a bad name." He said I nodded my head. Totally understanding what he meant by that.

"I know baby, I feel like we are on to him. The bad guys will eventually be caught. We can make sure of that." I said.

He nodded his head.

"Yes we can, me being tailed today just took me off guard though. Especially where I started being tailed." He said as if he was lost in thoughts.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, he started tailing me when I dropped Dalton home, which means he must have not been far from Dalton's home," Chris said, grabbing his phone and typing on it.

"I just texted Dalton, he just responded. Told him what happened and to be alerted." He said uneasiness took over my body.

Chris looks up and makes eye contact with me.

"Don't worry, they'll be fine. Dalton is alerted more than ever, especially now. He won't, Melanie, get taken away from him." He said I nodded my head slowly.

Letting the words settled in, I know Dalton would do anything to protect Melanie.

"I won't let anything happen to you either, we'll bring him down and we won't have to worry about him ever again. I promise." Chris said, I look at him, making eye contact and the look on his face let me know that he was extremely serious about all of this.

"Okay," I said.

He nodded his head and smiled.

"Is that Dessert I smell?"

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Chris is honestly not worried about the whole psychopath, having to have tailed him earlier. Why is that? Do you Dolls know why?

Kassie seems to be worried, only a couple chapters for us to find out who the psychopath is.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu