CH. 53 What is going to happen?

(Kassie POV)

Officers, agents, crime scene technicians, and paramedics were all over the place. Not only that, even the DEA agents were here, not only was the psychopath into harming people but he had a collection of drugs that he tested on the women he held captive, that he tested on all of us.

I felt so weak, but every time a paramedic would approach me, I would brush them off. Telling them that I was fine, that I wasn't the one that needed help the most. These women have been held captive by him longer, these women were raped repeatedly by him, tortured. Treated as if they were nothing, drugged multiple times and I can't imagine what else they have gone through.

He treated these women as if they were his slaves and test subjects.

He's a sick freak that wanted power and was unable to get the power he had through his life so he sought it on in a horrible way.

Seeing Agent Bones reunited with his sister was something that needed to be done, but of course, I didn't fail to miss the distressed look that was on his face when he apologized repeatedly to her that he failed her, that if only he knew that he was the one they've been looking for this whole time. That he can never forgive himself.

He and his sister were crying, I watched as his sister told him that he shouldn't let those thoughts make their way into his mind. That he has found her now and that she is now free.

I watched as paramedics came to the other women that were down here with us, each one of them has a family, loved ones and each one of them never thought that things like this would have happened to them.

Maybe, they even thought that this day would never come. The day for them to be found.

I looked towards Melanie, who was still on the floor where I last saw her. Dalton was still trying to talk to her but from what I can see, it didn't look like Melanie was doing much of a responding to him and he was also speaking to a paramedic, the worried in his eyes was noticeable.

My stare move to Tiara, who was a couple of feet away from her sister, officers were talking to her, while Derek was right next to her. She glances at me, our eyes connected and I nodded my head, already knowing what she was saying with her stare.

Part of me was questioning why Tiara didn't use the gun that she had on him when we were on the roof, but as I stand here. I realized that if she had done that, then these other women would still be held captive. That no one would know where they were and that truthfully, Tiara had realized that and wanted to make sure that she got the other women out, somehow or someway.

Truthfully, it was something I would have done also.

He knew about me..... He knew about me since I was a kid, his father was the man whose shop, I would go to as a kid. The shop with all the electronics and spy things, the things that helped me get evidence on the woman who killed my father. On how she did it.

My eyes widened, knowing that the psychopath was the one who had taken the evidence the first time he made himself known to me.

I turned around to walk out of the basement but bumped into something.

I looked up to see it was Chris, who was looking down at me.

I let out a sigh, for some reason. Just having him near me put me at ease.

I knew he wanted to kill the man, but that wasn't our choice. Although I knew the women in the room told Tiara that they would be fine with whatever choice she chose, he deserved much more punishment before he gets put to death.